Disney+, Manager - Social Media (SEA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 762388BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for all social media campaigns with the Disney+ brand and other streaming services in Southeast Asia (SEA). The role will develop and launch local social channels for Disney+ (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others). He/she will plan and oversee the local implementation of social content strategies, and work with agencies to manage content calendars, scheduling and publishing of content. This role requires a strong grasp of social media platforms and the candidate should be a thought leader knowledgeable in industry trends and the latest innovations. He/she should also be experienced in different content formats on social media and how to leverage these formats creatively and effectively.
He/she will work closely in collaboration with key stakeholders (internal creative team, the global social media team, local brand and performance marketing teams, external digital agencies and marketing partners) in order to integrate and align social opportunities and build the Disney+ fanbase. He/she must be a passionate and creative storyteller capable of developing engaging and innovative content on social platforms to connect with families, young adults and millennials.
This position is an integral part of the Disney streaming services team as it has the ability to shape our social media marketing approach and define digital initiatives that fit the requirements of the markets. The role will also work closely with each line of business across relevant franchise priorities to plan, execute, manage and measure digital marketing campaigns aimed at driving reach and engagement.
- Design, build and maintain our social media platform presence
- Work with the team to develop social media plans and calendar, including content strategies and campaigns, with an emphasis on setting goals, developing metrics, defining audience and identifying key tactical frameworks
- Plan & oversee the local implementation of social strategies for Disney+ and other streaming services in SEA
- Support the Disney+ performance marketing team with paid media campaigns for the local market, with the ability to react and optimize the media spend according to the results
- Integrate & align social opportunities across the business (e.g. Studios, Channels, Retail) and with partners, to ultimately build a Disney+ fanbase and drive acquisition
- Analyse Social Media data and reports on a weekly/monthly/campaign basis
- Source (through community management and social listening) user generated content (UGC) and outreach to content creators
- Identify (through social listening) and engage in real-time with key influencers and celebrities that are talking about the Disney brands across social media channels. Link behaviors to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business
- Manage an ongoing ‘test and learn’ optimisation programme to maximise performance
- Stay up to date with industry trends, competitor activity and latest innovations
- Drive an audience-first approach and manage the creation/sourcing for relevant social media content (editorial, photos, videos, etc.) including creative supervision and guidance for new content creation, as required
- Develop partnerships on behalf of the marketing team with all of the leading platforms in this space (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Snapchat etc
- 5-8 years of experience in digital marketing on client side (digital/marketing/social) or top digital/advertising agencies
- Strong creative and editorial skills
- Hands-on experience developing insights from social listening. Detailed understanding of social analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from many sources into actionable insights
- Experience in growing and maintaining social communities and developing content on social platforms
- Experience running paid media campaigns from start to finish, reacting and optimising during campaign
- Strong experience in social media marketing but has aptitude to develop additional skills (including search, content, media buying, partnerships, building acquisition and retention campaigns)
- Experienced working within broader digital marketing ecosystem
- Basic creative skills e.g. Photoshop
- Working knowledge of tools like Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Unmetric, Datasift, Radian 6
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Creative and innovative
- Enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.