Disney+, Manager - Subscription ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762479BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 16, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role will be responsible for developing strategies for offering relevant payment methods to consumers, improving payment infrastructure, driving payment optimization initiatives with internal and external learning and development partners. This role will get exposure to new payment methods, payment processing, pricing and tax, risk and fraud.
- Set a vision and strategy for introducing new payment methods and enhancing our current offerings.
- Responsible for improving payment infrastructure.
- Manage relationships with payment partners, banks and card schemes.
- Identify opportunities to onboard new payment methods through research, across South East Asia (SEA) region, that can deliver scale.
- Collaborate with product, designers and payment gateways to ensure that the funnel works with least friction and delivers excellent subscription experience.
- Drive actionable strategy from subscription & payment analytics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in product management with a proven record of successfully launching products or platforms.
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape.
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape.
- Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies.
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer business. Preferably with global scope where the consumer is paying for the service.
- An analytical person with experience using a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate understanding of good UX and copy.
- Experience using a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
- Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussions or
- large-scale presentations
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.