Disney+, Senior Manager/Manager - PR & Communications (SEA)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 762384BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
As the PR lead, your key role is to manage Disney+’s perception, credibility and its identity to draw in millions of users in Southeast Asia (SEA). The right candidate will share our passion and commitment for delighting our consumers by giving them the power to choose from amongst the best video entertainment has to offer, when they want, where they want.
This role will be responsible for leading publicity/media strategies for Disney’s streaming services in Southeast Asia (SEA), while also providing communications support for platform marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has strong experience in developing and executing communications initiatives, pitching stories to consumer and trade media channels, and working with various content and publicity teams, executives and cross-functional global teams. He/she is a wordsmith, with the ability to craft publicity stories, including press releases, talking points, public speeches and other communication materials, in an impactful, clear and thoughtful way.
- Responsible for leading and managing Consumer PR, Corporate and tech community engagement
- Create PR briefs and publicity strategy to support marketing campaigns across multiple language & content genres
- Manage the relationship, deliverables and performance of PR agency partner and any other PR stakeholders
- Deal with enquiries from the public (and CRM), the press, and related organisations
- Analyse media coverage, meeting and exceeding share of voice metrics
- Commission or undertake relevant market research and staying updated on new promotional opportunities
- Organise and manage promotional events such as press conferences, interaction days, viewings and visits
- Responsible for increasing engagement, and elevating Disney+ to employer of choice status, with tech community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Public Relations, Marketing or Business Administration
- 8+ years of experience in PR/Corporate Communication/Trade Communication.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, strong relationships with media.
- Experience in consumer or digital technology industries a plus.
- Strong knowledge of digital media, current local trends in media consumption, marketing opportunities
- Experience in trade marketing is a plus
- Experience in crafting meaningful and memorable press stories for leading brands and content
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing social platforms to grow reach.
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and cultural nuances in Southeast Asia.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Meticulous and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to influence internal and external cross-functional teams effectively
- Multitasker who’s eager, proactive, adaptable to change and transformation
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.