Editor, Media Operations - 1 Year ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019290 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 14, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Responsible for preforming operational tasks; preparing and processing assets for linear and nonlinear services for broadcast and digital media uses for Disney services in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Perform all aspect of edit works including mastering and formatting of programs
- Conduct Standard and Practice and PSE editing on both video and audio files based on the censorship report to ensure all materials are complied with relevant regulations and practices of the recipient markets
- Conform foreign language dub tracks to match the video
- Perform digital conversion for different types of component, different frame rates or different format types in accordance with the distribution requirement
- Control the logistic flow to ensure all materials delivered in time for transmission and/or distributions
- Control and approve quality of incoming and processed media file including subtitle dubbing materials before sending for transmission and/or distribution
- Capturing and recording of assets related technical data such as time code and format information, and maintain data accuracy in all application systems used by the operational functions, i.e., content management systems for both linear and nonlinear services, and their media processing systems
- Ensure that tasks assigned by Supervisor are completed in a timely manner with quality in place
- Help track details of all the operational problem, investigate and provide solutions
- Help manage all aspects of standard operational procedures is kept and up to dated
- ITE/Diploma/Degree in video production, media studies, broadcast or other related fields
- A minimum of 2~3years of related working experience in the broadcast/media industry
- Proficient in the Video/Audio editing software; like Adobe Premiere/After Effects/DaVinci Resolve/Protools
- Knowledge with Operation/Production workflows ,and best practices for media file codecs, frame rates, 4K and HDR/SDR deliveries
- Knowledge in HD and UHD format, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
- Knowledge in various OTT platforms is an added advantage
- Self-motivated, team player and positive attitude towards work
- Able to prioritize effectively & adopt flexible approach to different tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressureWilling to work on shift basis (9am to 9pm)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.