Ethical Sourcing (ILS) AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 877852BR Location Singapore Singapore Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
Disney’s International Labor Standards (ILS) program evaluates and helps improve working conditions in facilities producing Disney-branded products. We work with our licensees and vendors to educate them about labor rights expectations and require social compliance audits to assess labor conditions with the aim to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded items are produced.
The ILS department has more than 100 people in 12 countries focused on policy development, education, monitoring, remediation, external stakeholder engagement and communication.
The Ethical sourcing/ILS Analyst is a key contact point to Licensee/Vendors/Business Units and is responsible for communicating and educating ILS program requirements to these parties.
Responsibilities:Act as a liaison between the business unit/licensee/vendors and International Labor Standards (ILS) on ILS matters:
- Manage ILS related queries and concerns
- Communicate or explain ILS policies/procedures including audit qualifications, audit findings, social compliance reports, Corrective Action Plan (CAP), ILS policy/procedural changes, FAMA authorisation process
- Deliver training/information sessions to educate business units, licensee/vendors on the ILS program requirements and process, including capacity building with Facilities (if needed)
- Build and maintain relationships with key business unit and licensee contacts
- Work with DCP contract management to maintain accurate and up to date licensee information (to support audit scheduling and ILS communication)
- Support special projects as needed
- Process and manage FAMA applications to deliver executed FAMA to authorize Licensee/Vendor production of Disney branded merchandise
- Manage receipt of ILS (social compliance) audits received from business unit contacts or licensees/vendors
- Process and manage all FAMA related requests
- Maintain accurate licensee, factory and relationship information in the ILS database
- 3 to 5 years of business or international business experience in a corporate setting
- Bachelor degree in social compliance, business, communication, international business, or other related fields
- Prior relationship management experiences
- Prior program or process management experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation/training skills
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills - Ability to build rapport and comfortably interact with individuals at all levels
- Good organizational/prioritization skills and ability to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in databases and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- International business experience
- Experience in an ethical sourcing, risk, compliance, environmental, quality or equivalent role
- Knowledge of social compliance standards such as SA8000, SMETA, BSCI or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).