Executive / Senior Executive - Disney Character Voices InternationalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736577BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 22, 2020
This role encompasses the operational responsibility for the localization of all Disney Media Content in Southeast Asia, including Disney/Pixar/Marvel/LucasFilm/Twentieth Century Fox/Fox Searchlight/Blue Sky Animation content, as well as any Disney Channel/Disney Junior/DXD titles.
A key aspect of the role will be the ongoing management of dubbing projects between the DCVI team and its in-market vendors, ensuring that key dubbing production milestones are met, and that the vendor has all the essential materials that they need in order to complete the tasks at hand. Internally, the Operations Executive / Senior Executive will provide direct support for the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager on internal Disney initiatives for continuous business operations improvement, and will support on reporting of key metrics and data for operational/financial analysis.
- Project Management:
Manage and monitor project delivery schedules with DCVI’s in-market vendors, ensuring material availability and milestone dates are met, and are in line with DCVI’s ZORRO motto (Zero Defects, On Time, Right First Time, Reliable, On Budget)
- Communicate any changes or challenges encountered during localization window with Key Stakeholders of each project, and take the lead on complex projects which require a high level of problem solving ability in order to successfully deliver to the businesses.
- Database Management:
Ensure that DCVI’s Asset Management Systems and Processes are up to date for each project within the given delivery timeframe, including:
- System metadata
- Media Library Assets (e.g. final mix tracks, dialogue stems)
- Non-media Assets (e.g. scripts, credits, key names & phrase translations)
- Final Deliverables Checklist
- Establish strong working relationships and maintain effective communication with all stakeholders within the relevant LOBs, including internal Disney Regional and Local Market teams and DCVI vendors
- Assist DCVI Operations Manager with internal team improvement initiatives, creating team workflow charts and brainstorming team KPIs and performance metrics
- Assist in onboarding and training of new starters across vendor operations teams, and assist in integrating new systems into the DCVI-vendor workflow
- Support in the project management and roll out of new workflows and systems into the existing DCVI-vendor production and operations process
Basic Qualifications:Experience Required for the Role:
- University degree in either a Media-related field, or Business Administration / Business Engineering studies
- 2-3 years of working experience in a production / operations role, preferably in a creative or media environment
- Experience managing multiple vendors and project stakeholders
- Creative / Technical experience within the media entertainment industry, working on film, video, and audio production or post-production processes and formats
Skills Required for the Role:
- Good communication skills across a varied and international group of people – the ability to relate to individuals and groups across all levels of the company, and externally with local market contacts
- Proactive in communicating and managing change and providing strategic foresight
- High level of organizational ability
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and milestone dates
- Social Media skills across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent computer skills
- Presentations and Data Analysis software
- Learning new in-house Disney systems and logically navigating through the interface
- Passion for the Media Entertainment industry – have good awareness of upcoming and existing talents in film and music, or any media-tech innovations that may affect the industry as a whole
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.