Generalist (Environments) Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later Job ID oQakcfwg Location Singapore, Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 17, 2021
Generalists create photo-real environments and landscapes and exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. They work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into assigned shot work.
Successful candidates can model, texture, shade, light, look development and composite CG images or shots, however candidates will be considered if they demonstrate themselves to be exceptional in only one area, as long as they have some experience in all others and are willing to learn.
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG images or shots
- Creates high quality computer graphics within a shot using a variety of software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level Artists and Generalists
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Expected to mentor Apprentice and Jr. Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
- Attend dailies and participate in creative problem solving
- Responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
- Create multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and allocates detail based on the shot and feedback
- Creates maps in 2D and sets up basic shaders for look development
Education / Experience
- Degree and 3-5 years relevant experience (Feature film/TV/Commercial) in one or more of the following fields: Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing or photography skills
- High level of problem-solving or creative thinking skills
- Fluent in Photoshop and Nuke
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Fluent in Vray or similar ray trace renderer
- Houdini experience is a plus
- Comparable software experience considered
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.