Already applied?View Dashboard
Global Mobility (GM) International Specialist, APAC - ContractApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677883BR Location Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 24, 2019
The GM International Specialist is the primary point-of-contact for the employees and family who are relocating internationally. They advise and assist employees and the segments with all aspects of international relocation including vendor services. The GM International Specialist provides ongoing consultation and support both initially and throughout the duration of the assignment, through and including the repatriation process where applicable.
The role reports to the Senior Manager, GMP APAC.
All move types
- Generate international relocation cost estimates and provide to management for approval; determine assignee’s relocation benefits and allowances and prepare relocation checklist and relocation agreement.
- Conduct initial consultation with relocating assignee and family; arrange pre-move and relocation travel.
- Create and maintain records in assignment tracking database for all mobility moves out of APAC
- Initiate services and act as a liaison between assignee and internal and external service providers (household goods shippers, dependent education, temporary housing, immigration etc.)
- Collaborate with Global HR Operations (GHRO) in APAC to ensure smooth delivery of relocation services
- Provide payment instructions to Payroll
- Process invoices for Global Mobility suppliers
- Manage exception requests
- Participate in regular meetings with internal (Tax, Benefits, Travel, Payroll, Finance, and Legal) and external service providers to coordinate and facilitate relocation processes.
- Review and escalate any possible complications in the move to Senior Manager, GMP APAC in order for it to be managed on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with the countries legislation and company’s policies throughout the assignment
- Provide ongoing support and consultation to assignee and family during the assignment:
- Update benefits and allowances annually
- Follow up with relocation services providers to ensure that assignee and family needs are being met (school renewals, host-country housing conditions, lease renewals, etc.)
- Manage repatriation process including arranging travel, coordinating with relocation vendors, and notifying appropriate stakeholders in the segments; process end-of-assignment payments.
International Business Travelers
- Coordinate visa application and cancellation with internal/Immigration service provider
- Consult with and educate the segments on TWDC’s international relocation policies related questions/ issues
- Assist Senior Manager, GMP APAC with the operations of the region following:
- training/presentations to internal stakeholders (e,g, HR updates)
- cost management strategies
- monitor the performance of the service providers in order to provide feedback to service providers on a timely basis and provide recommendations for improvements.
- continuous improvement of Mobility policies and collaboration with HR partners and the wider Global Mobility team
- supplier RFPs to select and appoint new supplier
- Participate in Mobility team meetings to provide APAC insights
- Participate in special projects or initiation
- At least 4 years Global Mobility/ international experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in cross cultural environment
- Collaborative and strong relationship builder
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.