Groom Artist Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later Job ID oK86dfwV Location Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 27, 2020
With an emphasis on detail, photorealism and strong workflows the Groom Artist will create character and character based hair and fur and simulations for high-end VFX projects.
- Creation of detailed hair and fur grooms for a wide variety of character and creature assets using proprietary software.
- Collaborate with creature development artists to determine requirements for dynamics and layers
- Responsible for guide hairs and styling, as well as technical organisation and layer management
- Works alongside digital asset departments including Modelling, Texturing and Lighting
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent or previous professional experience in a related field
- Proven experience within a high-end VFX facility in a similar role
- Showreel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in character development and detail
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Attention to detail
- Proven Groom skills within a high-end VFX production environment
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate complex computer graphics pipelines and transfer skills within proprietary software
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Ability to breakdown reference images into logical workflow requirements
- Organization and development of scalable and flexible workflows
Required Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of scripting and expression syntax
- Comfortable with node based hierarchies and non linear workflows
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.