Intelligence Manager, APAC SecurityApply NowApply Later Job ID 867160BR Location Singapore Singapore Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 30, 2021
The ideal candidate must be able to work and complete assignments independently, think critically, write objectively and have a proven track record of producing concise, honest, business relevant and influential intelligence products presented effectively with full confidence in the assessments provided or recommendations put forward to senior decision makers. A key measure of success is the ability to provide interpretation of the data and provide the ‘what this means to the business’ reporting.
The IM must be willing to respond 24/7 to support requirements ranging from escalation in threats to site locations, traveling ABC News reporters headed into war zones and high-risk locations; and risk assessments for theatrical, film and television productions. The IM must rapidly learn the regional risk environment and understand threats to staff and travellers working and travelling across cities subject to geopolitical, national and extremist disruptions.
This role is also required to independently prepare strategic assessments for relevant stakeholders to contextually understand the full range of risks associated with business development, growth and acquisition decisions.
The IM must be capable of working independently but also within a team environment with defined, yet highly flexible, requirements often dictated by changing customer needs. As a result, the ideal candidate for this position must be prepared to respond independently to immediate requirements and remain flexible to continuously evolving business segment intelligence requirements.
Reporting – Produces intelligence assessments, updates and rapidly developing situations from both open and closed sources. Manages information updates and insights from a network of his/her professional contacts for international, national, and local intelligence that may affect the security of TWDC interests. IM will be a Subject Matter Expert on issues such as regional security, threat Intelligence, social media, or international affairs.
Analysis – Anticipates threats and scenarios, analyses information, and produces ‘consumer appropriate’ written and verbal assessments, oral briefings and warning forecasts for Disney Regional Security management, Country Heads and the APAC Executive. Remains constantly abreast of threat developments regionally, on a daily basis, and uses that knowledge to proactively identify areas of concern and risk to TWDC. Recommends forward thinking – time-sensitive strategies - to mitigate potential security risks and developing threats across the region before they become breaking news in the media – giving executives advanced warning to facilitate proactive, not reactive decisions.
Writing and Presentation – Ability to think critically and experienced in oral and written communications, presentation skills and the ability to brief intelligence support assessments to senior decision makers and interact with TWDC executives in the absence of Vice President or Director.
Partnering – Builds strategic partnerships and trusted relationships within The Walt Disney Company, foreign government entities, and the corporate business sector that significantly adds value to completion the overall intelligence mission and products that deliver timely, relevant and effective intelligence to our supported Business Segments.
Responsibilities:Intelligence Manager, Regional Intelligence, Threat Analysis and Workplace Security Strategies
Analysis – Understanding the Issues and the Customer:
- Primary responsibility and established expertise in recognising, tracking and analysing emerging threats domestically and internationally and contextualizing threats specific to company assets and personnel to inform company stakeholders. The scope of expertise will include geopolitical and reputational risk, threat intelligence, social and political activism, crime, political stability, economic uncertainty, cultural and societal trends and risks, cyber threats, and kidnapping.
- Responsible for regular written, and oral briefings and presentations for partners and stakeholders up to the senior executive level.
- Work independently with internal and external corporate and government partners for the purpose of information collection, analysis, and best practice benchmarking.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining and improving the technological and information management systems employed in support of key security partners and Business Segment consumers.
- Responsible for seeking, identifying and managing new special relationships and applications to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Regional Intelligence missions.
- Prepare and brief our key security partners, executives, and senior executives directly via formal and informal written products, verbal briefings, and formal presentations to senior members of the TWDC business lines and external partners.
- Responsible for independently assessing, predicting, and proactively identifying threats and risks to the Company, its employees, guests, travellers, and facilities.
- Provide real time analysis to the Crisis Management team during evolving security events occurring in region.
- Build direct and productive partnerships with colleagues in TWDC Global Security, TWDC Corporate level partners, the TWDC Lines of Business, TWDC Regional Security Directors, key US and regional government representatives and with external industry peers.
- Identify and participate in relevant industry and government associations related to primary areas of responsibility.
- Identify, develop, manage and productively utilize external networks of intelligence relationships to enhance the Global Intelligence mission and access to critical intelligence insights.
- A postgraduate degree in a related subject (2.1 minimum)
- Fluent written, oral and spoken English
- Conversational knowledge of at least one other regional language
- At least 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Proven track record of intelligence threat analyst experience in the government, law enforcement, military or private sector
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and experience in oral and written communications presentation skills and the ability to brief intelligence support assessments to senior decision makers and interact with TWDC executives in the absence of Director
- Experience as a member of a team of intelligence analysts focused on the development of in-depth business relevant intelligence assessments, threat trend analysis, and analysing the specific threats posed by criminal organizations; non-state threat actors; extremists; transnational threats; and competitive intelligence targeting
- Demonstrated success or recognition in risk analysis of actively countering existing and future threats, emerging technology and Social Media threats
- Critical thinking applied to all intelligence activities with superb oral and written communications presentation skills with experience briefing intelligence support assessments to senior decision makers; ability to fully and authoritatively represent TWDC to internal senior executives, external partners and law enforcement/intelligence agencies without presence of Director or other executive leaders
- A strong service focus with the need to listen and understand the essential requirements of different client groups
- A flexible approach to variable working hours/travel requirements is essential
- Ability to function independently with little to no external feedback or guidance
- Ability to produce finished intelligence products with little to no guidance
- Critical thinking with emphasis on interpretation of the data to inform the security operational team on risks and potential impacts to the business
- Proven effectiveness in written and verbal communication to executive level audience
- Substantial prior intelligence analysis track record, and network of information sources from public and private sectors
- Demonstrated ability to independently build partnerships, networks, and sustainable working relationships with direct peers and key internal business partners
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).