Junior Roto-Paint Artist Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later Job ID oseSdfwv Location Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 27, 2020
Junior Roto-Paint Artist’s are responsible for working closely with compositors to help integrate the elements of an image. This includes creating mattes for hold-outs as well as employing various techniques to remove wires, targets, and rigs.
- Create roto mattes for compositors to utilize while having a solid knowledge of how these mattes will be used
- Able to use patches and frame-by-frame painting to remove rigs and targets
- Comprehends 2D tracking and the ability to utilize multipoint tracks and planar trackers
- Strong knowledge of basic compositing techniques, including de-graining and re-graining, keying, and basic color correcting
Education / Experience
- Prior experience in basic 2D paint tasks in Silhouette or other related software.
- Prior experience with Nuke or similar compositing packages.
- Prior experience with 2D image processing softwares such as Photoshop, Krita, or Gimp
- Prior experience with 3D Animation tools such as Maya or 3DS Max
- Knowledge and interest in photography and digital manipulation
- Artistic knowledge of composition and color
- Strong interest in film and cinematography
Required Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work efficiently and under tight deadlines within a production environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tools, techniques, and software
- Strong proactive communicator and open to constructive feedback
- Basic knowledge of linux based operating system
- Basic knowledge of VFX terminology
- High attention to detail and Aesthetics
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.