Legal Consultant - 1 year contractApply NowApply Later Job ID 771876BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
- Provide legal support as necessary for the expansion and growth of Disney’s businesses in South East Asia, and in particular with regard to issues impacting those businesses in the television, mobile and media distribution business segments.
- Contract drafting, review, negotiations and interpretation for marketing, partnerships, distribution, promotions and other commercial activities.
- Preparation of memoranda, advice and correspondence.
- Liaise with outside counsel.
- Negotiation with counterparties to agreements relating to Disney businesses in South East Asia.
- Research and advice on business legal and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of Disney’s Legal Department to provide legal support and advice.
- LL.B. or JD or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Proficient English language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Excellent writing, negotiating and drafting skills in English.
- Some working knowledge of technology services and platforms and online business is preferred.
- Admitted to practise law in English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning corporate/commercial law and intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark, consumer protection, advertising and data protection.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the media and entertainment industry.
- Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to follow direction and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritise workload and assignments.
- Good time management skill with ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Willing to learn and adaptable.
- Thrive in collaborative team working environment to work towards shared goals and timeline.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.