Manager, Communications and Public Affairs SEAApply NowApply Later Job ID 772480BR Location Singapore Singapore Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 21, 2021
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans to support business objectives in SEA and help drive buzz and coverage on priority initiatives.
- Act as the main Communications liasian in SEA, providing strategic counsel to internal Executive team members.
- Develop and implement executive engagement / thought leadership strategies for SEA leaders.
- Draft press releases and speaking points for executives.
- Manage strategic end-to-end PR activities, such as press events, blogger programs, etc.
- Monitor brand landscape for potential issues and work closely with The Walt Disney Company corporate communications teams to develop crisis communication plans, draft statements etc.
- Build and nurture strong media contacts with national and local print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Work with Disney licensees and partners to review any communication, guide them as needed and challenge them to deliver the best results.
- Have a finger on the pulse of the media industry and landscape and be able to identify strategic PR opportunities
- Drive CSR programs with Corp Comms and garner staff engagement.
- A university graduate with a minimum of 5-7 years of PR/ Communications experience.
- Demonstrated previous experience to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Crisis communications experience.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern.
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, but also collaborate as an effective team member in shared knowledge and best practices.
- Disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally.
- Resourceful, proactive, self-starter.
- High level of corporate professionalism.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).