Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716855BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
Reporting to the Finance Director CPC (Consumer Products Commercialisation) for SAMENA (South Asia, Middle East & North Africa), with accountability to SGMY CPC GM, the role will be responsible for: (1) Financial planning and reporting (2) commercial analysis (3) advisory support to the business teams on financial issues (4) controls and compliance
He/ She will help drive the business in delivering on Operating & Profitability goals for the Consumer Products business for the cluster and devise effective KPIs for business performance measurement. The role will also be supporting in key deal negotiation, commercial management of key accounts and identification of opportunities for new businesses. He/She will also be play an instrumental role in assessing the financial viability of new/flexible business models and initiatives
The role will be working closely with the Regional (SAMENA) and APAC Finance teams in planning & reporting deliverables, as well as sharing and implementing of best practices across the region in SGMY
He/She will also be overall responsible for ensuring compliance with Disney Contracts, Accounting as well operational policies and standards for SG, MY. He/She may also be responsible for managing the Finance and Contracts function of other emerging markets in the region as assigned
- Strategic planning and Business partnering
- Leading the financial planning and reporting processes with accountability to drive performance in the market
- Partnering with the business in driving performance of Key Accounts in the market by understanding business dynamics and participating in Joint Business Partner meetings with Key Licensees
- Involving in key contract negotiations and approving of deal terms which will maximise revenue for Disney
- Enforcing compliance with Disney Contract policies and processes
- Deal with senior leadership locally and regionally as well as with global stakeholders
- Sharing and implementing of global, regional & local Finance best practices
- Provides leadership, close monitoring, and coaching to the Contracts Admin team member in his/her career development and continuous learning of the company’s business
- 10-15 years of post-qualification work experience
- CA or MBA
- Experience within FMCG & retail companies is good to have
- Experience in South East Asian markets is preferred
- Solid exposure to financial planning & analysis, with strong focus on business support to commercial executives
- Financial acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Team Management
- Data handling and analytics and construct practical conclusions and recommendations.
- Drive execution of strategy and results.
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities.
- Strong relationship building skills. Must be able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels, support and contribute to a team as well as work autonomously.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.