Payroll Manager, SEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 751002BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 28, 2020
Our businesses at Walt Disney are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging as we enter a period of change and integration. Therefore, we are now seeking a Payroll Manager, SEA to support our teams through this exciting period. Reporting to the HR Director – SEA, the Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time and accurately.
- Consolidate, integrate and ensure the effective set up of Payrolls across SEA countries; to create a centralized Payroll hub in Singapore.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of payroll in all entities across Southeast Asia
- Recruit, train and manage a headcount of 1 payroll specialist
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure payroll information is updated promptly
- Maintain proper payroll records
- Establish an effective relationship with payroll vendors in the region
- Provide advice on payroll queries
- Project manage the payroll transformation in order to facilitate the effective transition of existing local payrolls under one administrative hub
- Use international payroll expertise in order to make proactive, timely and impactful suggestions on how payrolls should be run
- Ensure stakeholders (Finance, Tax, HR and local vendors) are kept abreast of developments and manage conflicting priorities across departments where necessary
- Maintain accurate payroll data in the system and ensure data is updated in vendors’ systems
- Work with the team and payroll vendors to deliver payroll to employees on time and prepare submission on relevant statutory contributions, tax and government grants within SEA.
- Develop a sustainable payroll cycle and process
- Maintain payroll guidelines by updating policies and procedures
- Prepare all relevant reports required on a regular basis
- Reconcile monthly payroll to identify and understand any abnormalities and discrepancy
- Work with HRBP, GHRO, Finance Team and relevant stakeholders to understand changes in the different Line of Business
- Keep up with new legislations which may impact payroll; enforce compliance; and advise management on needed action, if any
- Work with Finance / Accounting team for yearly audit
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge relating to payroll and relevant legislations
- Lead the team in process improvement
- Qualification and Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Business/Human Resource Management
- Min 8 years relevant working experience focusing on payroll
Knowledge and Skills
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities, comfortable working with large amounts of information
- Extremely sensitive to numbers
- Customer service mindset with a demonstrated desire to exceed service and experience expectations – ability to meet the needs of, and work with all different types of stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity and conflicting priorities
- Able to work with an international mindset in order to drive transformation locally whilst aligning to global initiatives.
- Service-focused, customer-obsessed mindset
- Ability to work alone and with total autonomy in order to drive the payroll function forward
- In-depth experience of APAC or South-East Asia payrolls advantageous
- Strong ethics and ability to be stay discreet
- Good team player with can do attitude
- Able to work under fast paced environment
- Ability to lead and inspire a team / Strong leadership skills, ability to inspire through vision/enjoys forming strong cross functional relationships
- Open to change
- Passionate and Driven
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.