Production AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716267BR Location Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
- Production Assistants in the Production department at FOX Sports are involved in a wide range of duties, from typing up graphics for our live sports shows to cutting down a match from 90 minutes to one for an evening repeat.
- We are looking for sports lovers who want to work in the media and don’t mind getting their hands dirty. You will be joining at entry level in the one of the most exciting companies in Asia and we pride ourselves in developing talent that want to work hard to ‘live the dream’ of working in sports broadcasting.
- To assist with production of content for FOX Sports – be that in house or on location. Duties include primarily the preparation and insertion of programme graphics, log, screen and view material, desktop edit (to include preparing event highlights, programme clips and re-versioning live sports events to shorter repeat durations). The ability to write and voice scripts would be an advantage.
- To work in a live and non-live studio environment and display an aptitude for working independently and as part of a team when required.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification and Experience
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Journalism, Sports management.
- Knowledge of sports, interest in motorsports would be an advantage but not requirement.
- Basic understanding of television, multimedia and web technologies and a willingness to use technical and operational skills across Television and Digital Media platforms as required.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Sports across a wide spectrum.
- Good writing skills and preferably possess / demonstrate solid journalistic qualities.
- Fluent in English – other languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi and Bahasa Melayu would be an advantage.
- To have potential for broadcast standard voice over skills would be an asset.
- Must thrive working in a Multi-cultural environment; be able to work on weekends and overnight when required on live and non-live content. Have the willingness to work on-location when needed, and a dynamic attitude which contributes to the overall production process.
- Knowledge of European, American and International sports, with good strength in motorsports and F1.
- A team player with strong relationship building skills
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Passionate about Media Platform / TV Broadcasting industry
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.