Regional Senior Tax AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 751883BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 03, 2020
You will be part of the Group Tax Team based in Singapore overseeing the full spectrum of tax matters.
- Responsible for group’s income tax, value added tax (VAT), goods and services tax (GST), service tax and withholding tax matters in Southeast Asia
- Responsible for tax compliance of local tax laws and regulations in Southeast Asia through the review of VAT/GST returns, withholding tax returns and annual income tax returns prior to submission
- Manage tax audits/ queries and work closely with accounting, finance team and external service providers
- Review of cross-border transactions, intercompany transactions and documentation on transfer pricing requirements
- Assist with various tax projects which includes working closely with internal stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated
- Bachelor degree, major in Accounting, Tax or relevant
- 4-5 years’ experience in a tax compliance position in either Big 4 accounting firm or with a MNC tax department
- Knowledgeable of income tax, VAT/GST and withholding tax laws and regulations in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam
- Detailed and organized in work, able to manage work independently and a good team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAP system knowledge will be an advantage.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.