Senior Buying & Planning Manager, shopDisney APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 808917BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Lead the Buying and Planning to select and manage the purchase and intake of stock to maximise sales and margin to achieve all targets.
- Lead accountability for overall buying strategy, planning, execution, sales & margin targets of all product categories for shopDisney APAC
- Key contact with Disney O&O team to create a vision for the shopDisney APAC and provide regional input into global product development team to support development of ranges to meet regional nee
- Maximize leverage on merchandise & planning expertise, knowledge and assets across teams
- Plan, manage and communicate seasonal / thematic product events from initial concept to exit strategy
- Analyze sales trends, consumer’s online shopping behavior and competitor analysis to ensure optimal mix of products and well-constructed ranges
- Present range plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings including sales, margin and inventory at the category, franchise, style level
- Develop and execute financial plans by segment, by category and by franchise, that support merchandising decision, marketing and financial objectives of overall shopDisney APAC
- Partner with insights and finance to create & communicate a deep understanding of APAC shopDisney guests in order to proactively and dynamically refine purchasing and assortment planning decision and predict and plan for opportunities
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory levels on promotions & categories to maximize profitability and ensure appropriate stock levels.
- Analysis sales result (department and category level), conduct sales and inventory forecast on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis incorporating learnings into future buy periods.
- Lead range reviews by segment, by category and by franchise trading reviews
- Track and manage on-order in partnership with Production and Sourcing. Develop and manage exit strategy of slow-moving merchandise, and minimize residual inventory
- Initiate changes to forward commitments and promotional plan to maximise profits and minimize markdown
- Proactively create and review all Buying and Planning processes making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with shopDisney team for implementation
- Partner with marketing to develop and implement marketing calendars that link sales and marketing initiatives across all shopDisney businesses and channels
- Lead Buy review and signoff process
- Liase with sourcing on delivery logistics to manage re-buys and cancellations
- Communicate financial performance, forecast and action plan to E-Commerce team and respective stakeholders in weekly basis
- Relevant degree in related field in top university; master degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years experience in retail merchandising and planning, inventory management.
- Proven experience working in branded consumer environments with an appreciation of eCommerce business critical
- Proven track record in managing and implementing merchandising & planning in APAC
- Proven experience in eCommerce merchandise planning is a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and managing a team
- Proven experience in working in dynamic, cross-cultural team
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce behaviour, trends and strategy
- Financial savvy: ability to evaluate financial and business indicators
- Analytical skills: able to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative sales data, particularly in retail math
- Strong understanding of E-Commerce platforms and consumer goods shopping behavior in APAC
- Focus on financial success with ability to formulate strategies based on market needs and the Company goals
- Excellent analytical, commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving. strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions. Exposure to relevant analytical and data management systems and reporting types. Highly numerate with excellent Excel skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels, especially with peers and leadership team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be motivated, highly organized, flexible and results oriented. Have high sense of energy and service orientation to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Strong planning and execution skills: able to multitask or manage several projects concurrently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Demonstrable creative thinking, with a passion for delivering the best Disney/Pixar/Star Wars/Marvel product and services
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.