Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Compositor Singapore, SingaporeApply Now Apply Later Job ID oNFN9fw8 Location Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Apr. 04, 2019
The Senior Compositor combines and oversees others who combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and visual effects supervisor.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and color grading.
- Ability to perform digital matte painting, texture painting, or paint/roto work is a plus
- Together with the Lead Compositor evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Complete work within the schedule while maintaining constant communication with production team and other artists.
- Hits given notes but is proactive in offering suggestions and alternate approaches.
- Prepares visual reference on hand when seeking feedback.
- Builds clean and efficient scripts.
- Works across departmental lines to develop techniques and efficiencies in current pipeline.
- Patient and persistent when involved in lookdev work.
- Consistently pushes for productivity enhancements in current pipeline and work practices.
- Works with management and show supervision to maintain strong morale, flag communication issues and escalate problems to appropriate chain of command.
- Helps others to trouble shoot shots and set ups.
- Takes ownership of the work and is proactive about offering solutions, efficiencies and “pluses” for look and technique.
- Acts as shot hub and primary point of contact for compositing heavy work. Keeps all shot artists and production in the loop on individual element deliveries and changes.
- Actively motivates team; organizes show and tells to share tips and tricks among team.
- Aids in career development of less experienced artists.
- Mentors and provides feedback for more junior members.
- Build strong rapport with counterparts in other ILM Studios.
Education / Experience
- 8+ years of experience in the high-end feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel required demonstrating strong artistic skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, scale, and composition.
- Experience in a multi-platform environment is required.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Has demonstrated an excellent artistic eye, experienced in making the shot “look cool.”
- Ability to work with broad stroke notes and define looks for key events and shots.
- Ability to give artistic feedback to other compositors.
- Ability to time shots and sequences.
- Solid understanding of image pipeline from capture to delivery. Practical use of this knowledge to maintain the highest quality image possible. (i.e. concatenating transforms, color corrections, etc).
- Able to balance own shot work and active mentoring of less-experienced artists.
- Ability to manage multiple complex shots at same time.
- Ability to share techniques and mentor junior level talent.
- Proven ability to work closely in a small team with tight schedules.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.