Senior Effects Technical DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023261 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Lucasfilm Date posted Sep. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Senior FX Technical Directors are responsible for generating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, and particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. Responsibilities also include the lighting, rendering and basic compositing of those FX elements.
- Designs look dev and establishes setup of FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Light complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry creatures) and elements
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects and enormous crowd shots
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke
- Can write plug-ins, debug simulations and write set up and surface shaders with proficiency
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency
- Lights and renders FX elements and creates basic composite to demonstrate the usability of the elements.
- Advanced simulation experience with Houdini, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders are required.
- Mentoring junior artists and helping to oversee their FX simulation output in a given sequence.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- 8+ years of work experience required in feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
- Feature film experience required
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred, and experience in MEL highly desired
- Strong communication skills required
- Production experience in leading a small team
- Strong initiative in planning, assigning and following through on tasks
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Co. Singapore B.V., which is part of a business we call Lucasfilm.