Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10062877 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 14, 2023
Reporting to the Finance Team Lead of Consolidation, this role will assist in handling the shared costs for the region and be a focal point for controls and compliance, working closely with Accounting Service Centre (ASC) in Shanghai / Mumbai and APAC Finance team in Japan on behalf of various SEA offices.
The candidate will also assist in the Disney Digital Network business across SEA, to liaise with the business teams for plans, forecasts and actuals to provide accurate, timely and informative data to support the decision making needs of the leadership team as well as to fulfil submission requirement to APAC Finance team.
Financial planning and reporting processes for shared functions
- Support all shared functions within SEA (e.g. HR, Legal, Marketing, Real Estate, Tax, Controllership, Finance, etc)
- Assist in quarter-end closing / forecast and annual budgeting process
- Manage uploads in Nevarro, maintain and update good records with proper documentations and supporting files for Annual Budgeting/quarterly forecast/actual closing
- Compile standard and ad hoc forecast/budget templates as requested by APAC, US Finance team
- Analyse performance (tracking expenses regularly) and provide variance explanations and recommendations for operational efficiency
- Advise business teams on process related matters that arise
xLOB Consolidation for the South East Asia Region
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining meaningful presentations of the consolidated data with appropriate comparisons and commentary
- Support of 5 Year Plan & annual budget/forecasts consolidations process, work closely with the lines of business finance teams, and liaise between SEA Finance, APAC and U.S. Finance teams for ad hoc requests / queries from management or APAC Finance team
- Provide local Finance teams with support in terms of building, tracking and understanding Country P&Ls
Controls and Compliance
- Compile forecast/annual budget financial results by line of business on entity level for pre-tax calculation, cross check the data vs Nevarro to ensure accuracy
- Assist the Finance Team lead for internal and external audits, including government survey
Business Partnering for Disney Digital Network (DDN)
- Liaise with Operation teams and prepare quarterly forecast and annual budgeting
- Compile template submission and manage uploads in Nevarro
- Work closely with Shared Accounting Teams on quarter-end close to ensure timely and accurate posting of invoicing, cost accruals and other adjustments
- Update DDN campaign tracking file and prepare management reports in a timely manner
- Ad hoc analysis and reports required for the market operation.
- Graduate from accredited university and qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant / CPA or equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in FP&A functions
- Previous experience with an MNC
- Fluency in English and local language
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Financial Modelling, Financial Planning and Reporting
- Strong Excel skill, macros or complex formulas is not necessary, but should be very comfortable and fast in linking and formatting with various efficiency tricks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Solid working knowledge of SAP and Cognos
- Business & Industry Acumen
- Excellent communication esp. written and presentation
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem solving and fast learning capability
- Relationship Building and Influencing
- Team Working
- Results driven
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.