Senior Manager, Brand Commercialization, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050430 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2023
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
This role will be responsible for delivering a consolidated view across all brands, looking at it through three lenses – consumer, product and retail channel and ensuring that we have identified how to attract all APAC addressable consumers, through our rich franchises, innovative product and targeted retail & marketing solutions. Furthermore, the role will be specifically responsible for delivering APAC strategies, in line with global direction, across the Disney Animation, Princess and Pixar (DAPP) portfolio.
This position partners closely with the APAC Brand Leads who oversee Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment (DMCE), Nat Geo & 20th Century, Marvel and Lucas portfolios for both Global Category Planning and Management (GCPM) and Global Brand Planning and Management (GBPM) and serves as a conduit across these teams and our local markets to help formulate and execute on regional/global brand strategies.
- Participate in global integrated brand steering committees providing regional perspective on brand playbooks, strategic initiatives, marketing campaigns and creative needs
- Localize brand playbook/strategic initiatives and implement go-to-market strategies
- Provide regional research and insights
- Develop regional campaign activation for global campaigns
- Work closely with the category team and provide support to drive revenue
- Support category teams in pitching new/existing licensees
- Manage licensee/retailer marketing collateral and approvals
- Work with the APAC Brand team and provide consolidation support
- Work closely with the Produce Development and Creative team to understand brand/creative needs
- Consolidate financials, working closely with the brand finance leads
- Relevant degree with 8+ years of experience in Marketing
- Experience of working in branded consumer environments (retail/supplier) with an understanding of Product Marketing
- Experience working across APAC markets
- Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understand the dynamics and challenges of matrix organization
- Organization savvy – to collaborate with all levels internally and externally
- Highly independent and self-directed, as well as good team player
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.