Senior Manager, Communication & PRApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736883BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Media Networks Date posted Jun. 18, 2020
This position is responsible for working with the Head of Marketing, Media Networks to deliver strategic PR campaigns for The Walt Disney Company Media Networks business in Southeast Asia across the following brands: Disney, Fox, Fox Movies, Fox Sports and National Geographic Channels. The person in this role will act at one of the main Media Networks communications contacts, providing strategic counsel to the Media Networks group and ensuring PR is represented in all relevant forums.
The Communications/PR Manager will work with key stakeholders to develop multi-platform plans to drive awareness of key Media Networks priorities as well as responsible for building and maintaining relationships with media pivotal to the business including but not limited to, consumer, lifestyle and media trade outlets, in addition to key fan sites and social influencers.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is meticulous, creative and highly organized, with the capability to manage multiple internal & external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is energy, solutions drive and ROI-centric in order to ensure our campaigns deliver against set ROIs in both brand and business.
- Help develop strategic PR plans that deliver on business goals and help drive buzz and coverage of priority Media Networks brands
- Manage strategic end-to-end PR activities, such as press events, trade shows, media tours, blogger programs.
- Monitor brand landscape for potential issues and work closely with The Walt Disney Company corporate communication teams to develop crisis communication plans, draft statements etc.
- Write and ensure the appropriate distribution of press releases, review and approve the work of junior colleagues.
- Maintain and manage effective campaign budgets.
- Drive evaluation process on key campaigns and ensure learnings are shared with the team.
- Coordinate the activities of third-party agencies as necessary, challenging them to deliver the best results.
- Have a finger on the pulse of the media industry and landscape and be able to identify strategic PR opportunities
- Maintain excellent contacts with key media and constantly seek out new opportunities to grow network
- Act as the main Communications contact providing strategic counsel to internal Executive team members.
- A university degree.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of Communications or Public Relations experience.
- Demonstrates drive for superior results and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, but also collaborate as an effective team member in shared knowledge and best practices
- Able to manage and mentor junior members of the Communications & PR team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.