Senior Manager, FBM Merchandise SourcingApply NowApply Later Job ID 814845BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
- Manages sourcing against APAC FBM regional initiatives, projects, processes & resources to produce desired outcomes
- Oversees the development of short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed categories, setting priorities, objectives and action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability.
- Identifies and engages suppliers across consumer goods categories such as hardlines (e.g. toys), softlines (e.g. home) and consumables (e.g. water)
- Builds geographically diverse supplier portfolio across APAC to accomplish five year plan objectives for flexible business models.
- Mitigates cost increases with creative solutions based on supply chain leveraging, value engineering and market shifts.
- Anticipates market behavior, develops and drives associated supplier strategies to mitigate risk, protect the Disney brand and achieve competitive advantage.
- Develops and/or maintains a stable, socially compliant supply base that is 100% compliant in meeting all ILS and regulatory standards and other established supplier performance requirements.
- Actively engaged and familiar with features and functionality of existing sourcing technology (suggests new uses for existing technology, as well as new technologies altogether).
- Negotiates and secures contracts with suppliers, in partnership with legal and finance teams to ensure appropriate deal structure to meet financial and strategy objectives.
- Familiar and comfortable with various business models including licensing, wholesale and vertical.
- Collaborates & colleagues across the organization to optimize performance, ensure Disney Quality Requirements and drive innovation internally and within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Educates & cultivates suppliers to ensure production & development of project meets desired timeline in collaboration with Global Production Creation team
- Work closely with Product Integrity team to ensure appropriate product testing
- Collaborate with immediate Product Management/Wholesale team on product strategy and FBM pipeline
- Partner with Disney Global Sourcing team to align on global strategic objectives as we build FBM supplier base
- Uses product knowledge to drive leveraging opportunities across the segment and/or other Disney lines of businesses
- Develops, mentors and trains an Associate Sourcing Manager, providing appropriate direction, resources and environment needed for success.
- 10 – 12 years’ experience in Global Sourcing, Product Development, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve the organizational vision
- Demonstrates great leadership skills, proactively recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talented people
- Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans; driving large scale initiatives that reshape global business processes
- Develops appropriate metrics and drives executive reporting to assess business performance
- Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to manage the needs of diverse stakeholders (Collaborating with both cross-functional teams and vendors)
- Establishes and nurtures critical internal and external partnerships and alliances.
- Proactively seeks new opportunities, ideas, techniques, and materials to drive product innovation with both new and existing suppliers
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and business
- Examines issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope (Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities)
- Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes
- Creates an environment that develops breakthrough ideas and innovative strategies through the thinking and measured risk taking
- Encourages team builds for both global and segment-wide relationships
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards
- Learns from personal and organizational experiences
- Acts with good business acumen
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.