Senior Manager, Flexible Business ModelApply NowApply Later Job ID 916471BR Location Singapore, Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
The role will work closely with the Director FBM to drive this key new business area within CPGP.
A critical success factor for this position is strong analytical skills & an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing processes, routes to market, competitive landscape; and key steps to achieve successful distribution & marketing within a wide range product category, including toys.
Furthermore, strong communication skills are a necessity to develop effective relationships with all the country & regional teams & third party manufacturers & distributors
- Management of existing FBM projects (APAC & SAMENA driven) as well as identification and assessment of new potential projects
- Knowledge of the product landscape across SAMENA, including retail distribution channels (eg CVS, EComm, specialty), distributors by market, commercials (including pricing & quality factors), consumer trends, and competitive landscape.
- Understanding of the manufacture & distribution process and the mapping cycle from factory to end-consumer.
- Working with the country teams, identify & pitch to potential distributors the key projects; and work alongside local teams to secure the final deal.
- Work closely with the APAC regional teams to feed in the country specifics & keep country teams abreast of timelines & developments with each project.
- Working with regional & country marketing teams, ensure marketing toolkits are developed to support local launches.
- Extensive working experience minimum 5 years within the Toys or FMCG industry – with at least 2 years in a managerial position.
- Degree in business studies, marketing or a related field.
- External customer interaction.
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape within APAC region.
- Experience in selling new products to distributors and/or retailers.
- Result-oriented with strong drive to develop new businesses.
- Strong presentation, communication, and influencing skills
- Well-developed commercial & negotiation skills
- Financial acumen & the ability to analyse data & construct practical conclusion/recommendations
- Able to work well in team situation, both internal & external teams.
- Professional excellence and “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Self-starter with high initiative.
- Thinks strategically – Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve objectives
- Builds relationships – Establishes external relationships with key stakeholders. Engages colleagues across the Disney organisation to optimise performance.
- Communicates effectively – Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications. Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans.
- Drives Results – Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans. Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve.
- Role involves domestic & international travel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.