Senior Manager, International Labor StandardsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698445BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
The Walt Disney Company’s International Labor Standards Program (“ILS Program”) seeks to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The ILS Program is an important component of The Walt Disney Company’s social responsibility and responsible supply chain efforts.
The ILS department has more than 100 people in 12 countries focused on stakeholder education, facility monitoring, violation remediation, and execution of ILS policies and procedures. The regional teams ensure that business groups and their external partners (licensees and vendors) have the capability to implement ILS program requirements within their supply chain.
The Senior Manager, International Labor Standards is responsible for managing international labor standards for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) covering South East Asia.
Reports to the Executive Director, International Labor Standards, and coordinates closely with business leaders in their region and manages the local regional management team.
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager, International Labor Standards is responsible for leading the ILS Program in their region, including:
- Supporting the Executive Director, International Labor Standards in working with business units to embed the Company's ILS strategies, objectives and requirements into business operations;
- Supporting business units in the execution of the ILS Program, including providing guidance regarding ILS Program requirements to business units, licensees and vendors responsible for manufacturing Disney branded products;
- Providing input and insight to the development of global ILS policies and procedures, and;
- Providing counsel to country and regional leadership on ILS issues and strategies.
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight for regional International Labor Standards program operations;
- Contribute subject matter expertise as it relates to program development and execution;
- Partner with business units and Legal to negotiate contract provisions relating to ILS;
- Identify and address the labor compliance risks associated with TWDC products;
- Provide subject matter expertise on assessment of emerging industry issues and the interpretation of program policies to new and acquired business in the area of international labor standards;
- Resolve internal and external issues regarding program application and non-compliances;
- Build partnerships to foster alignment and create synergies with Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR) and Global Public Policy (GPP).
Auditing and performance requirements for licensees, vendors and facilities:
- Develop and implement tools and initiatives to improve business unit, licensee, vendor and facility performance;
- Oversee ILS Program relationship management operations including business unit, licensee and vendor education; Facility and Merchandise Authorization administration; communication and implementation of Corrective Action Plans; and resolution of performance issues;
- Elevate and resolve performance and compliance issues through formalized escalation process.
Alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives:
- Interface regularly with business unit leadership and other internal stakeholder groups, including Legal, Corporate Communications and Contract Management, to ensure alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives in the region;
- Work with Corporate Communications, Legal, ESR, and Global Public Policy teams to ensure consistency of messages and communication across regions;
- Address business unit, licensee and vendor concerns and identify and implement solutions to meet ILS objectives and business needs;
- Deliver and facilitate training to increase awareness, accountability and consistent application of ILS policies and procedures;
External collaboration, engagement and program support:
- In coordination with the Global Public Policy team, strengthen relevant external stakeholder engagement and external collaboration through identifying and building relationships with regional stakeholders;
- Represent ILS at relevant external meetings, panel discussions and conferences;
- Build and manage local teams to successfully implement ILS Program strategies, objectives and requirements;
- Lead team to ensure successful implementation of the ILS Program across business units and markets which involves relationship management, risk assessment, external stakeholder engagement and collaboration, reporting and communication, education and guidance;
- Work with Human Resources to recognize high performing cast members; and
- Develop and maintain succession plan and budgets for respective region.
- 6+ years of experience in CSR or other compliance-related work preferably with specific experience in ethical sourcing or labor standards at an international level.
- Strong business acumen. Experience in a managerial role within a corporate or supply chain setting as well as international business and operations experience.
- Experience managing and leading international teams, budgets and projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSR, ethical sourcing and labor rights issues
- Experience in licensing, consumer products, global supply chains, manufacturing and distribution and operational matters in an international corporate setting.
- Ability to build constructive and sustainable working relationships with senior business leaders.
- Experience in program and process management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience influencing key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- A8000 certification or equivalent
- Experience in complex, multi-national company
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- 4-year degree in Business, CSR related field, International Relations, Supply Chain Management or other related area.
- Preferred Education
- Master’s degree in Business, CSR related field, International Relations, Supply Chain Management or other related area.
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.