Senior Manager, Movies AcquisitionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 747322BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Media Networks Date posted Jun. 18, 2020
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Movies Acquisitions to work within the Acquisitions team for The Walt Disney Company Media Networks business in Southeast Asia.
The Senior Manager, Movies Acquisitions will be responsible for managing the entire acquisition process for Movies, working with the relevant teams to manage the budget and drive deals through negotiations, valuations, analysis and final negotiation, finally papering and then managing the deals though the term.
You will negotiate multiple acquisition deals simultaneously and conclude rights agreements with various worldwide suppliers. With your teams, you will manage ongoing deals, inventories etc ensuring we are extracting the maximum value for the channel teams.
You will be the point contact for content providers, the channel and support teams and being the acquisitions expert for Movies.
As Senior Manager, you will maintain and build strong relationships with Indie movie producers and distributers as well as Major movie studios.
- The role will work in conjunction with the Head of Acquisitions to set and execute Movies acquisitions strategies across the Movies channels
- Upon direction from the Head of Acquisitions and Channel team you will lead the Acquisition team in researching, identifying, and acquiring Movies product and availability from program licensors
- Lead quarterly, annual and long-range budgeting exercises for the channels, working closely with Channel Head, finance and their team
- Lead the agreement drafting process, providing all commercial terms and context to Legal team and working closely with the Legal team to finalize all agreements
- Work with your team to submit acquisition deal data into the database system
- Performs regular meetings with Movie Channel Head to analyse content needs and respond to strategy changes
- Keep abreast of Movie industry changes in program rights and exploitation and function as the company’s expert in the field
- Travel to international TV & Film markets as necessary
- Develop and grow the skills and of your team members and the Acquisitions team.
Basic Qualifications:KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- 8 + years of previous experience in an Acquisition or similar role
- Previous experience working in Indie Movies within Acquisitions would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working within the Media/Entertainment/Movies category
- Excellent negotiation and strategic skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks
- Ability to analyze financial reports and make recommendations
- Interest in general management and shaping strategic direction
- Detail-oriented to a high standard
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Economics or Finance
- Previous experience with responsibility of running a P&L
- Strong project management and organisational skills;
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Media and/or entertainment experience or previous experience working for a strongly relate Brand industry;
- Must have proven experience leading people and prepared to mentor and coach people for success.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.