Senior Manager, PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 785940BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 20, 2021
The role requires the candidate to drive the commercial & operational outcomes for CPGP’s Publishing business, across BAU and growth initiatives, including developing & landing strong business development opportunities.
Ability to deal with ambiguity and to approach the role with an open-minded attitude is extremely critical.
Responsibilities:Finance and Accounting Responsibilities
- Ensure Publishing categories exceed commercial targets
- Effectively manage the P&L for the South Asia, Middle East and North Africa (SAMENA) region
- Negotiate forecasting outcomes from partners, including stretching their targets where required
- Partner closely with Finance to make sound business decisions based on analysis
- Prepare forecasts and strategy presentations, category plans, business reviews and other presentations as required
- Ensure partners prepare and present quarterly business reviews
- Contract and re-contract partners across Publishing, including commercial negotiations
- Rationalise partnerships to best optimise effort-to-reward
- Ensure the Publishing team delivers product development that is in line with licensee rights
- Deal with ad hoc Publishing opportunities as they arise, both with local and global partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key retail buyers for Publishing portfolio
- Lead strategic relationship with CPGP Marketing & Retail team to ensure opportunities are optimised in broad cross-category programs, both for physical and event-based retail executions
- Build a culture of strong collaboration with CPGP Marketing & Retail team
- Direct Publishing team to prioritise opportunities with other parts of the Disney business (incl. the Disney channels) to maximise sell-through, constantly sizing and prioritising opportunities as they arise
- Contribute to CPGP Marketing & Retail planning as required
- Ensure the Publishing team executes publishing approvals in line with Disney Publishing Worldwide requirements and in line with licensee contracts
- Ensure Publishing pipeline is in line with Publishing strategy set and ensure it aligns to broader business priorities
- Run operational components of new business and one-off initiatives as required (for e.g. partnerships with magazine publishers), incl. delivering on the commercial/contractual work required to deliver new business
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen
- Experienced in managing multiple territories in SAMENA is preferable
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Good understanding of retail and events environments
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Marketing would be an advantage
- Experience in Publishing (traditional or digital) or related would be an advantage
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.