Senior Manager, StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734047BR Location Singapore Singapore Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
With Disney’s growth opportunities and expansion in APAC, this position will play a key role in the development of strategic growth opportunities for the Consumer Products Commercialization businesses (CPC). This position will work across Disney, Marvel, Lucas, NatGeo and Fox franchises, across categories (hardlines, softlines, consumables, publishing, games), and regional and in-country teams, to identify, analyze and develop potential business opportunities and support go-to-market plans to capture whitespace and drive incremental revenue.
- Understand each of the markets within APAC, identify, define, and analyze consumer and retail trends, market landscape, and competitive environment.
- Research and analyze new or evolving markets for CPC, leveraging strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Size new product, business model and market opportunities including evaluation of addressable market and Disney’s potential incremental revenue.
- Identify and assess distributor, manufacturing and partner options and capabilities across consumer product categories such as (e.g. toys, apparel), as well as services (e.g. food and beverage; wellness)
- Construct, evaluate and recommend business models in support of new opportunities.
- Support Global Product Management team on development of go-to-market strategy for new opportunities including branding, product, business models, marketing, content, and retail programs, in partnership with functional teams.
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives.
- Manage critical elements of Disney’s annual strategic planning process (5-Year Plan).
- Building strategies, forecasts and financial modeling skills
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, operationally and understand executional considerations, not just theoretically
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Deep consumer understanding, ability to develop insights and use data to tell a story and drive decisions
- P&L management mentality
- Drives results fast / executes with sense of urgency and accuracy
- Enthusiastic collaborator and team player with a positive attitude
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Strong attention to detail; organized and manages timelines effectively
- Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency
- 6-10 years experience in consumer products strategy, management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or private equity
- Experience working in/knowledge of one or more of APAC regions, a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.