Senior Manager, Terminal Operations – APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 10062994 Location Singapore, Singapore Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 15, 2023
This position assumes responsibility for delivery of a smooth and seamless Guest experience at different home ports across the Asia-Pacific region (including Australia, New Zealand and Singapore) in partnership with different ground service providers including terminal operations, hotel operations, airport operations, transportation, and luggage services. Role is based in Singapore.
- Responsible for an excellent, seamless, and consistent experience for all Guests and ensure that the experience supports the Five Keys – Safety, Courtesy, Inclusion, Show, and Efficiency.
- Lead and motivate team of Port Operation and Airport/Hotel staff and Vendors who perform daily debark/embark processes and airport/hotel meet/greet operations for Disney Cruise Line. Including the professional development, training, and performance management of the teams.
- Drive and manage new initiatives from inception to implementation that are focused on continually improving both the Cast and Guest experience for the DCL operations.
- Provide strategic oversight of third-party operators to ensure service levels as defined by contractual terms are maintained, continuous efforts to identify and implement efficiencies are a top priority, and the Five Keys are upheld.
- Manage all aspects of terminal management, including, terminal enhancements, custodial, parking, Guest & traffic flows. Maintain a proper Guest show environment in the terminal.
- Support Guest Online Check-In efforts, including monitoring engagement/adoption rates and working with shore side partners to verify and validate Guest submissions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Government officials, i.e., Immigration, Port/Airport authorities, Police and third-party vendors including but not limited to Security and Stevedores.
- Build and cultivate strong business relationships required for the successful operations of Disney Cruise Line.
- Represent the company at selected governmental meetings, association functions, cruise industry events, travel related conventions and other meetings as required.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a team that are responsible for creating daily operational action plans, establish work priorities and focus on continuous improvements.
- Partner with senior level shipboard management in planning turnaround operations.
- Provide training needs assessments and partner with Training team.
- Monitor and evaluate turnaround operations, using Quality Audits, shipboard reports, and comment cards. Strive for continuous improvement in operation.
- Monitor and benchmark industry best practices for turnaround operations and identify opportunities for improvement. Make recommendations to improve overall service and efficiency of operations.
- Provides operational information to internal departments for use in Guest and travel partner communications, consumer web sites, and intranet.
- Develop Request for Proposal (RFP) process and contract negotiations for ground handler and transportation companies. Also manage vendor selection, operating processes, contract management and compliance of contractual service levels and operating standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Must possess more than five years of cruise line operations or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience managing third party vendors and complex governmental relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to ensure Cast Excellence and Guest Satisfaction.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated passion for Guest Service.
- Experience in managing operational budgets.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision and follow-up.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary to make quick real-time decisions/maximize efficiencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of measurement tools to improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement initiatives that strive to improve Cast/Staff and Guest experiences.
- Command the ability to manage day-to-day financial aspects of the business including labor costs, equipment costs and other expenses.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs.
- Must have passport as this position requires travel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Seaware, DXP and Fidelio
- Disney Cruise line product knowledge
- Proficient in multiple languages
- Travel industry experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.