Texture Artist Singapore, SingaporeApply NowApply Later Job ID odLccfw6 Location Singapore Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 14, 2020
Texture Artists are responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Works with the production team (Leads and Supervisors) to execute the desired look of CG objects.
- Responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of models.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the high-end feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel and portfolio showing experience in painting or illustrating
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
- Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Modeling skills a plus
- Katana / Look Dev knowledge a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.