Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President - Content Sales & Distribution; SEA, ME & IndiaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679325BR Location Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 18, 2019
Job Summary:As a division within the DTCI segment, Global Content Sales & Distribution further enhances the company’s global reach and opportunities through the combined efforts of home entertainment, U.S. and international programming sales, post-theatrical film sales, and the distribution of branded direct-to-consumer services. The Global Content Sales & Distribution team delivers the entertainment consumers around the world want most, with more choice, personalization and convenience.
Our Business are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varies. We are now looking for a Vice President, Content Sales and Distribution, Southeast Asia, Middle East and India to join the team. This role will be responsible for driving the continued growth and profitability of our content sales and distribution revenues in the region whilst maintaining strategic flexibility and ensuring compliance with deal parameters ahead of DTC launch.
- Lead Disney and Fox content sales/licensing businesses in Southeast Asia, Middle East and India across all Features, TV Series, and all other available content throughout the life cycle of the product across Pay TV, Free TV and Digital services.
- Manage the profitability and continued growth of revenues in the region whilst maintaining strategic flexibility and ensuring compliance with deal parameters ahead of DTC launch.
- Lead commercial negotiations with existing and new Pay and FTA clients and oversee major deals across content and digital distribution.
- Identify, develop and implement sales strategies that maximise opportunities for incremental sales by creatively utilising the extensive library assets of the organisation and implementing product packaging strategies.
- Represent the company within the industry including participation in Company designed conventions, activities etc., maintaining and further developing networks across the industry
- Work with all necessary stakeholders to develop, implement, and achieve the AOP.
- Ensure effective management of the sales process, including managing significant negotiations and relationships. Develop key television client relationships as well as key platform relationships, optimizing licensing terms for the Company’s feature films, TV movies, live action series, news programs and television animation series with regional partners.
- Partner with Content and Marketing teams to ideate on programs and products that increase consumer awareness, build brand loyalty and exposure of core franchises and drive consumer purchase intent.
- Lead a diverse team in working across organizational boundaries and towards a shared strategy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Content Sales & Distribution leadership team in the region.
- Build a strong structure that meets the business demands and strives for continual improvement.
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate would be a strong leader with the ability to translate vision into strategy and actionable plans, who understands the complexity of the markets in the region. He/she is a change enabler who is organizational savvy, builds strong networks internally and externally.
- Proven sales leader with over 15 years of experience in media sales and distribution.
- Excellent record of achievement with proven P&L experience; and building and maintaining strong client relationships, and sales growth.
- Phenomenal communication skills and articulation ability, with a proven ability in engaging effectively with business partners and diverse stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management; experience in navigating a matrixed organization and successfully influencing key internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to define a clear vision, motivate others in a positive way to achieve desired results, and developing a successful team.
- Visionary and creative thinker with the ability to see the big picture whilst recognising and valuing detail.
- Excellent negotiation and commercial skills, able to influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong team player; possessing team synergy skills with a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating in cross functional teams.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.