Acquisition ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 862541BR Location Sofia, Bulgaria Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
We are looking for an Acquisition Manager who will work with Programming Director and Programming Manager on setting and execution of Acquisition Strategy & Programming Budget in line with TWDC targets and priorities.
- Work with Programming Director and Programming Manager on setting and execution of Acquisition Strategy & Programming Budget in line with TWDC targets and priorities.
- Coordinate approval process in line with The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) workflow
- Lead negotiations of acquisition deals in line with TWDC policies and approved workflows:
- Request for availabilities
- Preparation of proposals
- Coordination of negotiations and paperwork with affiliate, legal, financial, operations, global acquisition and other TWDC Balkans departments as required.
- Administration of acquisition process in line with TWDC policies and approved workflows and Acquisition Contracts management:
- Follow up on signature process and paperwork
- Acquisition information management (incl but not limited to registering acquired content and related rights into company systems)
- Correspondence with financial departments of licensors for invoice verification, tax certificates procedures and payments
- Correspondence with Licensors technical teams on additional platforms/services approvals and report requests
- Support in program selection:
- Initial screening of programs
- Researching programs based on market development and TWDC Balkans content and scheduling strategy
- Post-acquisition analysis
- Collaborate with Programming Team and Programming Director to evaluate the R.O.I of the content.
- Acquisition strategy effectiveness evaluation
- Keep Programming team updated on new content and production trends of content providers.
- Facilitate communication between company departments and Licensors
- Reporting- weekly, monthly acquisition report, Annual Acquisition Review.
- Supervise/improve workflows between Acquisition and other departments (Finance, Operations, Affiliate Sales, MKT, OnAir, Legal)
- Leading and people management of Acquisition team.
- Prepares yearly training plan for Acquisition team and oversees it’s execution
- Fluent English required
- Experience in a media related company (minimum 5 years)
- Experience with international firm (minimum 2 years)
- University Degree. Media or Communication Studies related is an advantage
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent attention to details and Time-management skills
- Flexible Results orientation; commercially minded
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong team player; collaborative attitude
- Practical approach to problem solving; track record of demonstrating initiative
- Be committed to on-going learning and have ability to drive innovation and creativity
- Strong cultural awareness and flexibility. Exposure to having worked across international territories would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (advanced excel, word, power point)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.