Lead Media Engineer, Sofia based
Sofia, - - BGApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765383BR Location Sofia, Bulgaria Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 04, 2020
Job Summary:We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team based in Sofia as a Lead Media Engineer.
The Lead Media Engineer is a subject matter expert in his or her area of expertise. As an expert, the Lead Engineer is expected to carry out Tier III support of Media Engineering & Operations production and distribution workflows. In addition, the Lead Media Engineer is responsible for working closely with business partners to design and build advanced production and distribution workflows. In the design/build phase, the Lead Media Engineer is responsible for daily execution of major engineering projects with a specific eye toward supportability. The ME&O Lead Engineer interfaces directly with various 3rd party vendors to maintain our day-to-day support relationship including contract reviews and problem management initiatives. Finally, the Lead Media Engineer is responsible for acting as a “train-the-trainer” and creates training programs for our support engineering team.
- Design, develop, build, maintain any and all systems used to acquire, produce, edit, store and distribute DTCI content on a global basis.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies, open source technologies and tools to solve a problem with a custom workflows
- Provide advance-level support and maintenance of current and next generation digital television architecture, equipment and standards including video-over-IP, encoders, decoders, distribution, routing, switching, control room, non-linear editing recording & playback, etc.
- Shall provide troubleshooting using diagnostic hardware and software tools to pinpoint issues related to network and computing technologies, systems management and administration.
- Monitors the performance of systems; maintains system configuration history of changes, troubleshoots and participates in repairing systems problems and failures, participates in leading or leads the maintenance of systems, installs software patches, updates etc., to resolve and avoid service problems, and troubleshoots system problems as they relate to these services.
- Responds to system outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems, and conducts diagnostic testing, repair and replacement activities necessary to solve routine, specialized, and complex problems.
- Develops and implements effective preventative maintenance and diagnostic/solutions, techniques and procedures and maintain the related documentation.
- Coordinates and / or performs upgrades to system hardware and software; coordinates the activities of technicians involved in the deployment and configuration of the systems, and with vendors on moves, additions and re-locations of all media systems.
- Participates in planning or plans for the facility infrastructure; participates in evaluating or evaluates new technologies, in researching network and system configurations for future implementation of DTCI Technology systems.
- Maintain up to date operational procedures to support daily productions and emergency recovery scenarios.
- Monitors project progress and periodically updates project schedules, noting achievement of milestones and issues requiring resolution.
- Must have a few years coding experience (ETL, web services, cloud architecture and dev/ops. Python/PHP/C#)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline in an appropriate technical area.
- Several years of experience with advance IT systems including TCP/IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc.
- Several years of experience in television broadcast , transmission, IT or related fields.
- Several years of experience utilizing the aforementioned skill set in day-to-day support of a broadcast facility producing content for broadcast, digital and emerging distributors. Primary focus during this work experience should include developing, building, advanced maintenance and troubleshooting of complex problems associated with advanced video, transcoding, storage, tapeless video recording systems and media delivery via IP.
- AWS Certifications Associate or equivalent is considered as an advantage
- Intermediate-level knowledge of video and audio signal formats such as but not limited to 1080p, 720p, UHD/HDR and the various frame rates associated with these formats.
- Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge related to content reception, creation and transmission systems, hardware, software and related industry standards.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.