Recurring Operations ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 949382BR Location South Carolina, United States Business ESPN Date posted Mar. 28, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Please note, this is a remote/ recurring position. This role will require travel throughout the United States and will not be based out of a particular office location.
- Oversees all operational and technical aspects of assigned sports.
- Provides guidance and training to Event Operations staff, including Operations Coordinators.
- As an on-site supervisor of personnel, makes sure that ESPN Workplace Conduct and Safety Policies are followed.
- Ensures that appropriate timelines are met for technical and financial planning.
- Manages all on-site activity with crew, including the approval of time-entry, travel, and overtime.
- Is responsible for addressing performance issues while on-site with crew, as necessary. Responsible for vetting and authorizing any of the identification provided by event-payrolled personnel assigned.
- Assumes control of all communications involving specific sport assignments as it relates to all vendors, league, and governing bodies.
- Manages the interpretation and application of technical, operational and cost standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of assigned events.
- Maintains a working knowledge of High Definition broadcast standards present and future developments.
- Works very closely with ESPN staff on maintaining proper education for everyone working on the remote production team.
- Communicates daily with Event Production leadership on all aspects of the sport category.
- Attends industry events as it relates to the sport category.
- Works with ESPN Finance on creation and maintenance of budgets.
- Assists in development and implementation of new technologies for sport category.
- Minimum of 5 years of related technical and/or operational planning, on-site management and procurement experience.
- Has in-depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial, and logistics planning related to show creation.
- Higher working knowledge of High Definition technology, and how it is used between remote operations and studio operations.
- Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication, and negotiating skills.
- Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s and ABC Sports remote operations functions.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcast.
- Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
- Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
- Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor contacts.
- Has knowledge in Hockey.
- Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s remote operations functions.
- Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
- Has thorough knowledge of PC databases, Word, Excel, and related software.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.