Administrative AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001207 Location Southfield, Michigan, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Administrative Assistant for Disney Ad Sales provides key administrative and sales support to a group of Executive Leaders and is the acting Office Manager for our Detroit Office. This role is responsible for day-to-day coordinating of internal and external events for the office, scheduling conference room meetings, booking varying travel arrangements, and overall cross-department collaboration within Disney Ad Sales to help facilitate fulfillment on departmental needs related to but not limited to marketing, ticketing, sales communications and purchasing. Additional support can involve ticket allocations, designing/editing sales materials, processing expenses and IT troubleshooting.
· Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office;
· Create multi-city travel itineraries, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
· Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
· Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
· Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
· Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video calls;
· Act as “casual buyer” for the department, and for all office supplies;
· Manage purchase orders and vendor contract processing;
· Process expense reports, renew memberships & subscriptions and work on ticket requests for shows;
· Prepare regular reports and summaries for distribution -- you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
· Manage large purchase orders and vendor contract processing;
· Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
· Plan events like offsites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties;
· Partner with all executive support professionals within the segment in order to ensure smooth, effective & accurate communication to the broader team
· Additional office support and supply management, as needed
· Welcoming visitors into regional office by creating a warm friendly environment
· Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
· Maintain inventory of all office supplies (general supplies, paper, toner, etc.)
· Ensure kitchen and supply areas are stocked, clean and functional.
· Serves as a strategic liason between regional office and TWDC Headquarter offices
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
-Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
% of Time
Booking and organizing travel, catered/meetings, and events
Expenses, ticket requests, and promo merchandise management
Calendar Management & Scheduling
Act as “Casual Buyer” for the department / process invoices
Tasks as assigned, trouble shooting, shipping, office up keep, announcements, events
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
· Basic Qualifications:
o At least 3 years of providing administrative assistant support at the Director or above level and/or equivalent experience;
o Prior experience providing office management support
o Strong written and verbal communication skills,
o Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
o Proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
o A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
o Complete reliability handling confidential information;
o Desire to go the extra mile without being asked; willingness to learn
o Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
o A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
· Additional Qualifications:
o Experience working in a matrixed environment; and
o Good knowledge of (each hiring manager needs to insert what is meaningful to them).
o Required-High School degree and/or equivalent experience
o Preferred-Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.