Compliance SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 775031BR Location Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
Disney+ launched in the Nordics in September 2020. The portfolio of content covers series and movies across a wide selection of brands, that range from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars to FOX & National Geographic.
Launching in the Nordics in February 2021, Star is an integral part of the Disney+ service and provide a general entertainment offering curated to appeal to the adult audience and forming. The content portfolio is rooted in content from TWDC’s own production engines and studios, and will include series, specials and movies from ABC Studios, FOX Television, FX, Freeform, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight and others.
Disney+ and Star are important strategic priorities for the company, this role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to under the leadership of the Counsel Nordic & Baltic, act as a key adviser to Disney+ and Star Content and Programming Content and Programming team for Nordic & Baltic. The Compliance function advises on most aspects of content, advertising and sponsorship, and then particularly on D+ and Star content, Library, Acquisitions and Production. The Compliance Supervisor delivers expert Compliance review of content in order to ensure successful Compliance delivery by the team. This role liaises regularly with Compliance colleagues in other European countries and the United States.
Responsibilities:The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
For Disney+ and Star
- Review and comply original productions from concepts through to scripts, animatics, rough and final cuts.
- Review acquisitions and provide guidance and recommendation to the Programming team, to ensure all content is suitable for the platform, advise on and oversee any minor edits needed.
- Review Library content for D+ and Star to ensure suitability for EMEA markets.
- Rate, per the relevant ratings system, content for D+ and Star.
- Be responsible to ensure that relevant ratings and compliance information is input into the internal systems on behalf of Nordics.
- Give sound verbal and written guidance from compliance and regulatory perspective to other areas of the business in emails and meetings, including ad hoc advice, as required.
- Give confident compliance training and presentations to other lines of business, as and when required.
- Ensure Legal, Programming and the EMEA compliance team is advised of sensitive content if tragic news events occur.
- Keep abreast of changes/updates of regulations and codes in the Nordic markets, and ensure that Legal, Programming and the EMEA compliance team are kept updated on changes/updates.
- Keep abreast of cultural sensitivities that come to light, and advise Legal, Programming and the EMEA compliance team accordingly.
- Share compliance information/issues/points of interest with other EMEA countries and vice versa.
- Identify opportunities to improve the delivery of compliance for the business.
The Experience We Require From You:
- Good working knowledge and practical application of media and marketing regulations and codes.
- Sound background and track record of accuracy in media/programming/broadcast/production regulatory compliance.
- Experience of compliance in children’s and general entertainment broadcasting, including animation.
- Experience in giving presentations on compliance, adapting to the line of business needs.
- Experience in keeping abreast of any changes to the regulatory environment or Codes.
- Experience in responding to or advising on responses to viewer complaints/content concerns on compliance points.
- Interest in working with content and media distribution for the Nordic territories, liaising with the UK, US and other European territories.
- The ability to communicate quickly and effectively from a regulatory and compliance perspective, with evaluations, advice and guidance, to internal stakeholders in different lines of business, in verbal and written correspondence as well as in meetings.
- The ability to handle pressure perhaps in terms of workload, especially seasonally, or in terms of difficult/intricate compliance issues or proposals.
- Fluent in English and one of the local languages in the Nordics, both written and verbal. Any relevant additional languages are an advantage but not essential.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.