Creative Designer, Parental CoverApply NowApply Later Job ID 808956BR Location Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden; Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join our talented creative team supporting the Nordic region. This position is to cover maternity leave and will be for a period of 12 to 15 months, ideally with a July 2021 start.
This role will ideally be based in Helsinki or Stockholm, with the possibility of being based in Copenhagen or Oslo if preferred by the candidate.
The Creative Designer is an in-house role responsible for designing promotional & marketing assets, supporting creative requests from all Disney marketing touchpoints.
This includes, on-air campaigns, sizzle reels and multi-platform graphics for digital, social, print, out of home and digital out of home for the various Disney brand campaigns across all lines of business, mainly focused on the linear Kids, Factual and Entertainment Channels.
This role requires the development of innovative design concepts in line with brief and available production time, using independent judgment and creativity, working closely with Creative lead Producer and/or Senior Creative Manager.
- Work with all Nordic departments to produce high quality, consistent and effective on- and off-air assets (print, digital, social media content, pitches) for the department as required
- Receive and understand briefs from Creative Producers, Senior Creative Manager, Marketing, or any relevant stakeholders, delivering on time and on budget
- Translate briefs into a creative design solution in line with existing brand style
- Take Creative lead on heavy gfx lead campaigns when time allows
- Maintaining and evolving the on-air graphic look across all brands and promotional productions
- Supporting the Senior Creative Manager in overseeing and approving on- and off-air graphics for the Kids, Factual and Entertainment Channels.
- Design concept mood boards, storyboards, presentations and promotional products
- Working across multiple brands and projects, within allocated budget and timescale
- Create on air presentation and continuity elements according to channel requirements
- Ensure promotions and creative execution meets original vision and business objectives
- Address briefs and feedback in a timely manner, communicating time needed and understanding of feedback given
- Check and ensure that all facts communicated are correct and that the graphics adheres to internal, print media and industry broadcast standards
- Actively advance skill set and abilities, keeping abreast of industry trends, techniques and software developments.
- Working closely with the team of Creative Producers, Creative Coordinator and Creative Manager as well as creative agencies and freelancers where needed
- Constantly provide creative and original ideas as well as participating in idea generation for upcoming projects
- Ensuring compliance with Disney standards and practices and legal and financial procedures
- Able to work with, brief and provide insightful, clear, and concise guidance and direction to internal and freelance designers as well as design agencies on a project to project basis
- Great attention to detail; able to deliver final projects accurately and to established templates
- Ability to localize content
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Knowledge and passion for TV programs and media.
- Knowledge of broadcast regularity bodies
- Significant design and animation experience within the creative broadcasting or advertising sector
- Strong knowledge of Programming and Production, Marketing functions as well as latest design techniques and trends
- An understanding of video editing, specifically Premiere
- Strong knowledge of Digital Media platforms
- Display an exceptional sense of visual design, and clear interest in motion graphics
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, Freehand and After Effects. Cinema 4D a bonus
- Ability to work with and communicate with an international team
- Fluent in one Nordic language & English.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and high personal creative standards
- Knowledge and experience of producing promotions in multiple languages
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Nordic AB, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.