Senior Product Manager
Stockport, - - GBApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771772BR Location Stockport, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 08, 2021
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience.
We seek an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Product Manager to help lead our efforts in delivering optimising quality of streaming experience via instrumentation of our applications, at scale. Reporting to Associate Director, Media Product , and part of the rapidly growing Media Product Team, this job will be based out of our Stockport, UK office.
The role coordinates closely with engineering, operational, and data teams to define requirements, drive execution, and inform the broader roadmap, with a focus on data instrumentation and reporting. Derived insights about quality of experience inform business and product priorities, and ensure operational performance. The function is critical to ensuring that consumers have a magical experience across all streaming devices.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Additionally, experience in working with multiple teams and stakeholders is key.
You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, and can build trust with all areas of the business.
● Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
● Partner with Disney Streaming Services engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible media experience for viewers, facilitated by an efficient, visible, and capable instrumentation and integration
● Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
● Work closely with engineering, data, and operational teams to define requirements, processes, and execution strategies in order to maximise the integrity, utility, and value of QoE data
● You have experience in product management within video streaming or related industries.
● You have a high-level technical understanding of media delivery and application architectures.
● You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making.
● You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience.
● You have a demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations.
● You have a strong attention to detail, yet with the ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture.
● You’ve demonstrated successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses.
● You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
● You have a strong understanding of the need for quality and have some experience in working with, and helping enhance QA processes, to ensure quality of deliverables.
● You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise.
● A technical background in media delivery and/or video playback is preferred.
● Strategic insight into the current video streaming landscape and an understanding of current trends.
● Direct product management experience in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media delivery, including instrumentation to support data analytics needs.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Cake Solutions Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Cake Solutions Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.