Senior Product Manager
Stockport, England, United KingdomApply NowApply Later
Job ID 815549BR Location Stockport, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
We seek an enthusiastic and experienced Product Manager to help lead our efforts in building a web-based Quality of Service reporting and monitoring system as part of delivering a best in class user experience. Reporting to the Principal Product Manager, Media Product, and part of the rapidly growing Media Product Team, this job will be based out of our Manchester office.
The role coordinates closely with design, engineering, operational, and the wider product team to define requirements, drive execution, and inform the broader product roadmap, with a focus on data visualisation and user experience. Derived insights about quality of experience inform business and product priorities, and ensure operational performance. The function is critical to ensuring that consumers have a magical experience across all streaming devices.
The ideal candidate is highly creative, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Additionally, experience in working with multiple teams and stakeholders is key.
You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. You make data-driven decisions, obsess about the customer, form strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
● Work with the media product team and stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and align these with the product roadmap and KPIs
● Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
● Coordinating deliverables and dependent work streams with the engineering team developing back-end services, to meet roadmapped commitments
● Work closely with design teams to ensure a best in class user experience with a goal of exceeding stakeholder expectations
● Defining the testing requirements of QA teams and collaborating to continually improve upon the product and ensure the fastest possible release cadence
● Manage prioritisation for the product area among customer experience, performance, and operational support organisations
● Solicit feedback from users and stakeholders to optimise and enhance the experience and performance of the product.
● Successfully achieve product objectives, managing through challenges
● You have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in product management creating user facing web based products
● You have a high-level understanding of what constitutes great user experience
● You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
● You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience
● You have a demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
● You have a strong attention to detail, yet with the ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
● You’ve demonstrated successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
● You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
● You have a strong understanding of the need for quality and have some experience in working with, and helping enhance QA processes, to ensure quality of deliverables
● You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
● A background in data-driven development is preferred
● A basic understand of web design, best practices and development limitations
● Strategic insight into the current video streaming landscape and an understanding of current trends
● Direct product management experience in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media delivery, including instrumentation to support data analytics needs
● Previous experience using Conviva and other third-party Video Quality of Service monitoring applications is a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.