Senior Technical Project Manager
Stockport, England, United KingdomApply NowApply Later
Job ID 854738BR Location Stockport, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
Disney Streaming is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+ products. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Manchester Services Engineering is seeking a Technical Project Manager to support our team’s progress and growth. We are looking for individuals from different disciplines who like to continually learn, grow, and share their knowledge with others. Manchester Services engineering projects vary from operational, backend and Frontend systems development.
Candidates will bring experience in Project Management, plan generation and have strong presentation and communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable with complex and technical projects in a fast growing environment and be able to quickly adapt to changes. The team is split between the UK and the US East and West Coast , so the ability to work in international conditions is also needed. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, competing priorities.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of service team engagements from start to finish.
- Forecasts project risks proactively; analyzes and communicates prioritised mitigation plans to stakeholders.
- Defines rationale, objectives, requirements and high-level estimates for projects.
- Develops and executes project plans, success parameters and ROI targets stated in the plan.
- Identifies and communicates project milestones, tasks, success metrics, criteria and risks; implements Agile Project Management techniques at a master level.
- Manages and communicates project status to stakeholders and customers through handoff and closeout.
- Deep knowledge of project architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing.
- You are well-established in Technical Project Management, having 4+ years experience in software or relevant technical industries.
- You have hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Lean and Agile software development methodologies.
- You possess a working understanding of software design best practices and DevOps, and have experience in release management processes.
- You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: meeting leadership, communication, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork.
- You are passionate about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and have a can-do attitude.
- You have the ability to look a couple of steps ahead and identify potential issues.
- Desire and eagerness to learn new things.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, great attention to detail, thorough and diligent in the pursuit of goals and objectives.
- Good consultative, customer focus and services skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Additional Skills
- JIRA, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, Slack, AWS.
- Experience with Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Development teams.
- Excellent organisational skills.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.