Already applied?View Dashboard
Site Reliability EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 612493BR Location Stockport, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 30, 2019
Following the successful launch of our Eurosport Player and ESPN+, our teams are working on new services for the marquee Disney SVOD project Disney+ that will be launching in late 2019. Based in the Disney Streaming Services offices at Houldsworth Mill in Stockport, Greater Manchester, you will be joining our new SRE team that is currently made up of SRE-Dev and SRE-Ops. This is a new group within Disney Streaming Services and is looking for significant growth in 2019.
Our newly formed SRE team are leading the improvements, optimization, and availability of applications across the whole Disney Streaming Services organization, taking a consultative approach to SRE by educating and mentoring teams to foster performance and resiliency in best practice. This a brand new role for the team and we’re looking for talented Engineers, either from Development or Infrastructure backgrounds to join this group, so as long as you’re interested in either gaining more development or infrastructure experience, this would suit you.
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration
- Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability--provide deep technical guidance to development teams
- Help with designing, building and maintaining the cloud native platform needed to support our growth plans, we do that handling Infrastructure as code and automating as much as we can
- Mentoring and supporting team members on production readiness and best practices
- Develop software for the purposes of automating, monitoring and maintaining deployed infrastructure and services
- Handling high-severity internal or customer incidents, ensuring we meet all SLAs
- Help teams create and maintain documentation and runbooks/playbooks
- Participate in Scrum processes and ceremonies
- Respond to issues and escalations
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Track record of working as a Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or a Software Engineer
- Must be able to code and learn coding in new languages
- Experience in at least one scripting language: Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl
- Experience in working with infrastructure as code tools such as Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Track record of working with Linux systems in production
- Experience in working with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience in working with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience using Agile practices
- Experience with modern open source infrastructure services and concepts such as Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Docker
- Experience in software development in any language. Our focus languages are Go and Scala.
- Experience in working with any functional programming language such as Clojure, Haskell, or OCaml.
- On offer is a competitive salary which is complemented by a Disney benefits and rewards package which includes LTI bonus (long-term-incentive), pension, holiday allowance, Disney parks & resorts passes and discounts on Disney merchandise.
- If you would like to see more of the work we’re doing, follow us on Linkedin and Twitter, or follow our new Technology Blog “Disney Streaming Services - The Art of Possible”.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.