Technical Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635917BR Location Stockport, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Following the successful launch of our Eurosport Player and ESPN+, our teams are working on new services for the marquee Disney SVOD project Disney+ that will be launching in late 2019. As a Technical Project Manager based in our offices at Houldsworth Mill, Stockport, you will be working with a cross-functional and distributed team of Scala Developers and DevOps Engineers who are well versed in Agile delivery and are practitioners of TDD, BDD, and Pair Programming.
For this position, we are looking for a high level of technical knowledge to complement the complex subject domain that our teams are currently working on. We operate a hybrid delivery framework using principles from Agile and Scrum and provide our TPM’s with the freedom to define that delivery method based on the team and service they are working. This means understanding the domain quickly and being able to support the team from an architectural perspective, as well as delivery is essential.
Responsibilities:What will you do as a Technical Project Manager at Disney Streaming Services:
Working within a large, cross-functional development team, reporting into the PMO Lead (as well as the Tech Lead), you will have the opportunity to define and refine our process around delivery whilst ensuring the highest level of code quality. Your prior experience working in a development environment delivering services and new features will aid you when joining a team that will look for that guidance
- Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, whilst coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the overall project team
- In situations that require a hybrid agile approach, use good judgment and experience to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Foster and promote process improvement initiatives
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members
- Work with product owners on backlog curation and support their customer relationships for project deliverables
- Foster cross-team coordination, including requirements discovery and change control, identify, maintain, and visualize metrics to guide the project lifecycle
Basic Qualifications:What we’d like to see:
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience working with teams of Software Developers (preferably JVM - Scala, Java, Clojure) who adopt modern DevOps practices
- Exposure to modern DevOps and SRE practices around CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Availability, etc
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex, full-lifecycle software development projects in an Agile framework (SDLC)
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts, collaborate with customers, and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Cake Solutions, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.