Already applied?View Dashboard
Creative Solutions Manager – Disney ESPN Media Sales & PartnershipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597127BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 24, 2018
Job Summary:The Creative Solutions Manager (CSM) is responsible for generating best in market advertising solutions for ESPN & Disney clients. Working with the Adverting Sales team, the CSM will tell compelling sales stories through research and insight based collateral. Core to the role is creating meaningful partnerships that drive real business outcomes for clients.
- Lead a team of Creative Solutions Executives & Coordinators to build best in market media solutions for advertising clients
- Liaise closely with research teams in Australia and the US to extract meaning from data, and convey it to audiences in compelling ways
- Think creatively and respond to media briefs with highly integrated concepts that connect with the target audience.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and Marketing Manager on creating and executing a trade marketing strategy for the region Convert a deep understanding of the marketing landscape into commercially viable sales opportunities
- Identify and build relationships with strategically important clients and agency contacts as part of an industry network
- Communicate complex creative ideas clearly and succinctly
- Build vertical strategies aligned with product opportunities
- Assist in the negotiation of complex, long term partnership agreements
- Manage the workload and holistic output of the creative solutions team, working to a 90 day plan on collateral creation
- Provide strategic and individual leadership to 2x executives and 1x coordinator
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Work collaboratively with the advertising sales team through the ideation, pitch and implementation process
- Consistently and continually feedback on operational process to ensure efficiencies in workflow
- Act at the primary intermediary between Research (LA/NYC based) and the local advertising sales team
- Take ownership of research and insights as they pertain to Media Sales & Partnerships
- Act as the point-person in regards to implementing key partnerships.
- Manage and optimise the delineation on roles and responsibilities between Sales and Creative Solutions teams.
- Lead the quarterly business review process
- A minimum of 6 years media sales, creative agency, media agency experience.
- A minimum of 2 years managing direct reports
- Strong relationships with media agencies and direct clients
- Demonstrable experience working with research and insights teams to deliver media collateral
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Advanced solution sales skills
- Trade Marketing, Research and Insights skills
- Solid understanding of the Australian media landscape
- Strong presentation and sales skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including PowerPoint/Keynote
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical and lateral thinker
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.