Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Content ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 625529BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 02, 2019
Job Summary:The Content Producer is responsible for the day-to-day execution of content across the Disney ecosystem with a focus on Digital and eDMs to enhance the customer journey. At times these responsibilities will extend to Linear and Social needs as a secondary focus as and when required.
The Content Producer is a creative and analytical role with both functions tied to consumer engagement which results in connecting our audiences to our products and services e.g.: sales
The Content Producer works closely with the Director, Content Services and the Production Management team in the creative execution and administration of content across the TWDC ANZ ecosystem.
- Execute a direct to consumer email marketing strategy, which enhances the customer journey.
- Create personalised communications to increase engagement, traffic, conversion rate and sales through email campaigns.
- Create content to be used across platforms for marketing and brand initiatives such as events, promotions, product launches, etc. Analyse data to help improve the audience engagement.
- Partner with production management and the Content Planning team, to respond to briefs and supply assets to designers and developers for content creation.
- Act as a Community Manager for assigned destinations, ensuring copy and creative aligns to grow our user segments.
- Upload content and assets to sites via Content Management Systems and Media Player ensuring all key data is entered.
- Act as gatekeeper of content updates, ensuring all updates are proofread, optimised for search engines, and align with brand identity and TOV.
- Manage live site QA, coordinating DI team and internal stakeholders to ensure approved and error-free updates are completed. Brief designers, developers, copywriters and production houses as required.
- Work with all DI team members to manage collaborative tools, WIP, maintaining accurate WIP documentation and ongoing production planning calendars.
- Work with external Production Agencies in coordinating content and web products
- As required write, direct and or produce bespoke content, with the support of the Content Services team, to deliver engaging storytelling for Linear, Digital & Social needs such as video, GIFs, promotional spots, rich images, polls, thumbnails etc.
- Co-ordinate with business areas to create and update detailed content plans, maintaining weekly programming schedules with content refreshes across the portfolio of sites.
- Maintain records of Business Area programming needs, including Scope and SOWs, contact reports and content calendars.
Reporting & Data
- Produce site performance reports as required by DI team and BA clients.
- Download database tables for BA operational needs, including competition judging or product fulfilment, ensuring data is shared securely.
- Assist with communication of site updates and campaign site performance against KPIs
- Ensure efficient workflow systems:
- Regular & timely archiving of projects
- Up-to-date file management practices
- Accurate & timely recording of Music usage on scripts
- Utilising technical knowledge & expertise to provide workflow efficiencies whilst delivering high quality creative
- Management of direct reports executing content with a Digital & Social focus
- Lead, mentor and develop direct reports in commercial objectives and personal development.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience working in digital production teams or other content environments
- Cross-platform and agency/vendor experience desirable
- Demonstrated management experience
- Proven experience as a Copywriter well versed in writing copy for different segments and in different voices.
- Design, Layout and Art Direction skills desirable.
- Proven attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic creative environment.
- Strong interest in kids & families’ online entertainment content, with demonstrable knowledge of the digital content industry and/or entertainment industries.
- Working knowledge of digital technologies including front-end, database, CMS, server
- Tertiary qualification in interactive production, marketing, business or related area desirable
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.