Already applied?View Dashboard
Finance AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 592101BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Walt Disney International Date posted Sep. 07, 2018
Job Summary:Supporting role to the Finance Director, this 6 month contract role will have responsibilities within the Walt Disney International Finance function. The role will predominantly provide commercial analysis and financial planning and support for the rapidly expanding and evolving digital business. As the digital finance lead within ANZ, this role must communicate with and understand the processes of Sales and Marketing.
In addition, this role supports ad hoc tasks including, but not limited to, commercial deal support and new business modelling.
Responsibilities:Digital Sales Analysis
- Maintain by title forecasts for all current digital titles
- Maintain digital activity document alongside account managers, including pre and post analysis of TPRs (temporary price reductions).
- Prepare, present and contribute to sales meetings, as required for forecasts of all 52-week new release titles, with sales and marketing.
- Complete the digital performance in a combined and physical/digital document by title for a complete analysis of performance including connect rates and a database for comparative titles.
- Monthly revenue/margin analysis of major digital clients for sales team
- Maintenance of a digital dashboard including sales analysis on Seasonality / Genre / Marketing performance / Title connect rates etc.
- Update master contract register to ensure record of all digital terms including, pricing, terms, length, expiry etc. etc. Driving digital sales through identifying the ideal promotional periods and pricing analysis
Financial Analysis and Forecasting
- Trend analysis including regression and connect rate analysis to identify relationships between digital revenue and Box Office takings to increase accuracy of future forecasting by title.
- Working with marketing to challenge the business’ digital marketing expenditure to improve efficiency by providing learnings and insight. Include ROI analysis to drive increased sales and more efficient spending
- Analysis of the impact of changing windowing
- Complete templates as required by producer groups in the US for revenue reporting
- Financial reporting of lifetime value by title
- Franchise reporting
- Industry body reporting submissions including market share analysis reporting • Industry analysis including market share and performance of different digital segments
Budgeting and Long-rang Planning
- Gather and validate digital data in order to develop a picture of the digital business at an operating income level.
- Preparation and review of revenue, marketing & analysis
- Preparation of digital 5 Year Plan, Budget & Quarterly Forecast reports, presentations, submission and summary schedules Provide timely, relevant, and accurate information to budget stakeholders
- Review and reconcile reports
Ad Hoc Project Manager
- Cross business support as required by Walt Disney business Australia and New Zealand
- Minimum 3 years financial/accounting work experience
- Experience in Media industry preferred
- Knowledge of Disney / Marvel / Lucas franchise preferred
- Sales and commercial focus
- Financial Modelling and Analysis
- Experience and ability to deal with and manipulate large data sets
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel skills, as well as experience in Word and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Logical and lateral thinker
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- Bachelor Degree in either Business or Commerce
- Studying or recently completed CA/CPA or equivalent
- 6 month Fixed Term Contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.