Manager, VFX Recruitment - ILM (AUS)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 962083BR Location Sydney CBD, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for leading and managing the recruiting function across our Sydney and Singapore studios and continuing to build a first rate production studio.
- Assist with further development of the talent acquisition vision, strategy and process for ILM’s Sydney and Singapore studios ensuring alignment with ILM’s global business and TA strategies
- Develop and implement sourcing initiatives, both long-term and short-term, that create a pipeline of key regional and international talent to source from
- Manage local talent acquisition team responsible for hiring a variety of highly skilled professionals necessary to meet the requirements of the business
- Work with studio leadership to ensure that staffing needs are well defined in advance and implement appropriate strategic initiatives to fill those requirements
- Manage requisition loads across ILM’s Sydney and Singapore studios ensuring roles are prioritized and staffed according to project and business timelines
- Create best practice recruiting processes that work efficiently with the needs of the business
- Effectively manage hiring managers' and key executives' expectations and consistently deliver hiring results
- Partner with our Emerging Talent team to build a robust University Relations program that includes the planning and execution of internship and apprenticeship programs.
- Supervise and manage the effective use of our applicant tracking system
- Responsible for a reporting methodology for the hiring managers, executives and the business units you support
- Stay informed of industry trends and innovative recruiting techniques to stay competitive in hiring
- 10+ years staffing experience in the entertainment, VFX or technology industries with strong knowledge of recruitment best-practices and technologies
- Strong leadership skills with 2+ years of experience managing and developing teams
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement operational improvements within an ever changing complex environment
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams in a global matrix environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on operational rigor
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to make decisions and achieve results in situations with high ambiguity
- Superb interpersonal, presentation, and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively convey project strategies and goals
- Experience working across multiple countries would be a plus
Additional Information:This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, and is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.