Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing Manager - Content PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553285BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted May. 04, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our Content Planning team on a 12 month contract. You will contribute to the overarching content marketing strategy for The Walt Disney Company ANZ and will focus on content and distribution planning in partnership with line of business marketing teams including Disney Consumer Products and Franchise. The role will be responsible for developing and executing the appropriate content strategy, developing content ideas and calendars, working collaboratively with business areas on the most effective content, creative formats and distribution plan for their marketing campaigns. The role sits within the Consumer Engagement and Content Marketing team and will collaborate with other team members focused on Consumer Insights, Creative, Content Services and Optimization. Together the team will review and analyse our content to make optimisation recommendations aimed at continually improving performance metrics across all platforms.
Responsibilities:Content Planning – Strategy; In partnership with the consumer engagement and content marketing team:
- Set and manage the overarching content strategy for each owned platform
- Monitor trends, tools, and applications. Ensure that TWDC is first to market with key trends that will drive growth in engagement and conversion
- Gain knowledge, keep up to date with broader digital and marketing trends and developments
- Build productive working relationships with LOB marketing teams, ensure a full understanding of the purpose and value of the content planning team to the business
- Secure buy in from LOB partners for content planning strategies developed to support and achieve their business objectives
Content Planning – Campaigns; In partnership with business area marketing team and the consumer engagement and content marketing team:
- Leverage actionable consumer insight to translate the business area marketing strategy into a compelling content strategy and plan; utilising global assets and developing a plan for local content creation as required.
- Partner with Content Services in the ideation of innovative creative solutions unique to each campaign
- Manage the development of the campaign content strategy for the selected owned, shared and paid platform – working with the business area to maximise campaign performance
- Create a campaign content calendar to manage content distribution/scheduling and to support cross company alignment
- Develop a content production brief for local content requirements (production will be managed by the content producers in the consumer engagement and content marketing team).
- Manage the distribution and amplification of content via owned, shared and bought media channels, briefing and managing agency relationships as required.
- Recommend and track key campaign deliverables to ensure measurement of the right metrics for each campaign (tracking is managed by the Performance Marketing Manager in the consumer engagement and content marketing team).
- Management of digital materials and communication of their availability and usage guidelines to the marketing teams across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC)
- Manage local distribution of global micro-content in line with overarching strategy
- Provide direction to marketing teams on content/material use
- Engage stakeholders on a regular basis and collate reports as required
Content Planning – Optimisation & Reporting; In partnership the Manager – Content Performance
- Partner with the Performance Marketing Manager and agency partners to optimise the campaign based on real time performance analysis and insights. o Create and disseminate a dashboard for each business area to ensure monitoring and maximisation of ROI
- Partner with the Performance Marketing Manager and agency partners to create a learnings and actions focused post campaign report
- Ensure campaigns learnings are disseminated to all stakeholders and the agreed learnings are actioned within future campaigns
Team & People
- Manage and develop Coordinator – Content Planning, providing line management direction and support
- Contribute to a culture of creativity and original thinking in the team
- Be a leader, lead by example and support our values; Accountability, Fun, Creativity, Collaboration, Passion, Integrity, Family
- Manage approved content budget
- Approvals of plans and materials by relevant stakeholders
- Report preparation as required and directed
- Manage agency partners
- Minimum of 6 + years’ experience content and media planning
- Experienced social media & digital campaign planning and management
- Knowledge of social media and digital landscape trends
- Experience in Budget management
- Strong negotiation and project management experience
- Advanced proficiency in Keynote and Excel applications.
- Knowledge of bought media
- Demonstrated success with brands utilising social media as a core platform
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital performance media, planning and execution
- Knowledge of content production process
- People management experience
- Degree qualified - Bachelor of Business, Marketing desired
- 12 month Fixed term Contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.