Already applied?View Dashboard
National Ad Sales Manager - Disney ESPN Media Sales & PartnershipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579179BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 26, 2018
Job Summary:The National Ad Sales manager will take overall responsibility for managing and growing advertising revenue across ESPN and The Walt Disney Company’s television channels in Australia (ESPN, ESPN2, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior).
Working in conjunction with the Creative Solutions team, you will develop the TV commercialisation strategy for the wider sales group, and provide thought leadership for how the TV assets can maximise revenue within a diverse multi-platform offering that also features a number of market-leading web and mobile digital properties.
- Developing the go to market strategy for ESPN television ad sales.
- Accountability and responsibility to reach and exceed sales budgets and revenue target across TV. This includes reporting and delivering against KPI’s across relevant and agreed metrics.
- Identifying and building relationships with strategically important clients and senior level agency contacts as part of an industry network.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business outside core advertiser categories.
- Work with existing client base to increase revenue by leveraging value.
- Identify and develop innovative opportunities for new business outside core advertiser categories, and diversify client base.
- Propose and assist with the implementation of new sales processes.
- Ensure all parts of sales process comply with ESPN & Walt Disney Company brand and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in marketing, operations, creative, programming and finance to integrate ad sales function as part of overall channel operational processes
- Accurate and timely forecasting and pipeline management.
- Identify and negotiate complex, long term partnership agreements.
- Training and development of Account Executives and Group Sales Managers relating to TV ad sales
- Working closely with the Creative Solutions division to create compelling integrated opportunities for advertisers.
- Keep clients/ad agencies informed of new advertising opportunities.
- Client relationships - maintain weekly/monthly contact with clients.
- Communicate with our implementation team to deliver on client requests.
- Inform our implementation team of upcoming campaigns.
- Communicate with clients on their day-to-day requirements.
- Ensure agency and client creative materials are sent to our ops team with a reasonable timeframe to implement campaigns.
- Liaise with the ops team to implement campaigns.
- Ensure all reporting is in place for the period of the campaign and report to agencies on the performance of campaigns.
- Provide strategic leadership across all aspects of the TV ad sales business
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across all international markets to ensure best-in class solutions are available to the ANZ sales team.
- Provide insight and feedback on market activity to the Head of Sales
- Continually educate colleagues across the business about the sales process and opportunities/challenges to achieve complete buy-in to this critical function.
- Minimum 6 years of TV media sales experience
- Strong existing relationships with TV media buyers across major Australian media agency groups
- TV marketing, sales experience external to media, or media buying experience, is of interest.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales forecasts and tightly managing sales budgets
- Previous people management experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the TV media trading mechanics and TV Media (agency) landscape
- Outstanding negotiation ability
- Advanced solution sales skills and ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline (from end to end)
- Strong presentation, sales and communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Highly developed strategic & lateral thinking, problem-solving skills and creative skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.