Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales Administration Executive - Disney Media DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 600290BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 05, 2018
Job Summary:Reporting to the Sales Director, this position is responsible for providing all operational sales support to the DMD team.
This role is a fundamental contributor to the overall success of closing the sale by ensuring all commercial, financial and operational commitments pre and post a sale are considered.
This role manages and fully supports all relationships for our business propositions of content across the entire Disney content portfolio and across all platforms (Free to Air/ DTT, Pay TV, SVOD and Transactional).
This role has one direct report, Sales Administrator Co-ordinator.
- Provide pre and post sales support for the Media Distribution team
- Ensure the team identifies potential incremental sales, delivering timely and accurate availability lists to optimise distribution opportunities
- Management of windows, black-outs and availability dates that form part of Volume / Output Deal
- All deal administration and entry into Apollo (our CMS that triggers deal confirmation to US as well as delivery of materials for all clients)
- Works with our Singapore deliverables team on accurate and timely TX masters for all clients, this includes triggering fast-track series, day and date with US where applicable
- Interprets complex deal terms, accurately recording deal information to trigger all post-sales activities
- Liaising with internal and external parties to manage relevant notifications
- Develop and foster both internal / external working relationships
- Supports team with all licensing franchise taskforce activities
- Accurately maintains all system data pertaining to Apollo
- Management of Disney’s catalogue of product available for license
- Line Manager to Sales Administration Co-ordinator
- Develops availability lists to support the Media Distribution team, ensuring lists meet contractual requirements of the deal
- Identifies outstanding client selections, life of series commitments and TBA availability dates
- Works closely with Sales Executive to ensure all client licensing obligations are met
- Develops availability lists to identify opportunities for incremental sales
- Gathers deal related information, interprets the information and records details of the deal in the Apollo system, accurately updates client, product availability and other relevant data
- Records any deal amendments in Apollo, notifying all related parties of any updates which necessitate changes in contractual documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Interprets and provides guidance on legal documents and supports Disney’s legal team on the processing and issuing of deal amendments to clients
- Ensures all working files are accurately maintained and regularly updated - including budget files, contract tracking, windowing files, series trackers and deal overview reports
- Provides information on programs and product availability to the team and/ or other internal Disney business areas and external parties when required
- Gains required approvals from Producer Groups prior to sales, and prepares and distributes notifications to Producer Groups as required
- Creates and maintains all territory windowing rulers and client data in Apollo
- Pro-actively tracks program scheduling and broadcast information, liaising with clients to confirm expired product returns to availability listings to optimize potential revenues
- Provides publicity support to all clients; overseeing client access to company websites, sourcing imagery/ logos, metadata and product information when required
- Assists with sourcing any promotional materials which may be required for either internal or external client needs
Other General Responsibilities
- Works effectively with departmental DMD colleagues and cross-functionality with the broader TWDC ANZ business teams
- Supports client relationships and distribution activities as required
- Adheres to defined DMD business processes, taking opportunities to improve business processes where available
- Continually drives to develop knowledge of DMD’s product slate, media types and territory environment (including clients and market dynamics)
- 5+ years of TV, broadcast media and contract administration experience essential
- Must have experience in the entertainment and media sectors in ANZ with exposure to US Studios
- Strong concept of deal structures and media contracts
- Strong financial background
- Broadcast Materials exposure is essential
- Strong commercial appreciation with basic level legal understanding of deal terms and acronyms
- 12 month fixed term contract
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.